Who's paying full price?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So am I the only one paying full price for this? My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I know you guys understand. I've been hitting Craigslist but best I could find is $450, for that much I'll just buy it from Sprint, yea I know I have tax but if I don't like it I can return it within 30 days. I could use my $75 upgrade but I think I'll save it for the next best and greatest.

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
and after the next best and greatest there will be another better and even greater phone. its not like they are going downhill from here. i can't even imagine what gingerbread will bring. so far, in my opinion, this is the best android device to date.

btw, i am getting really nice discounts on the evo from my personal sprint representative. i would never pay more than $300 for a phone.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
and after the next best and greatest there will be another better and even greater phone. its not like they are going downhill from here. i can't even imagine what gingerbread will bring. so far, in my opinion, this is the best android device to date.

btw, i am getting really nice discounts on the evo from my personal sprint representative. i would never pay more than $300 for a phone.

I usually upgrade once every year, the Evo will hold me for quite a while with those specs and build.

Maybe I'll swing in and see what they can do for me. The Pre is holding up nicely after a year, some scratches here and there and the slider is looser.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm paying full price for the phone. I have the Palm Pre and I am getting ready to throw this thing through the window. I still have a year left on my contract and I'm not going to wait till then to get the Evo

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm paying full price for the phone. I have the Palm Pre and I am getting ready to throw this thing through the window. I still have a year left on my contract and I'm not going to wait till then to get the Evo

If you have the pre you are might a primiere customer. Have you checked on your update status?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If you have the pre you are might a primiere customer. Have you checked on your update status?

We are a premier customer but it's only on the first line, and that was just upgraded at Christmas time. Seems Sprint has the best price at $449, RS and BB are at $499. With the $75 upgrade discount puts me at $425 with tax at Sprint.

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
We are a premier customer but it's only on the first line, and that was just upgraded at Christmas time. Seems Sprint has the best price at $449, RS and BB are at $499. With the $75 upgrade discount puts me at $425 with tax at Sprint.

actually supposedly BB is 599.99 but radio shack is 499.99 like you said

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
hoping for 499.99 at BB. I was hoping for retail price on BB's weekly ad but all they have is Coming in June.

I highly doubt it best buy is notorious for high prices off-contract the htc hero and the samsung moment are 599.99 at best wile its only 429.99 for either of them threw sprint. I highly doubt bb would sell the evo cheaper then the moment and the hero when the evo is superior.

Last edited:

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I usually upgrade once every year, the Evo will hold me for quite a while with those specs and build.

Maybe I'll swing in and see what they can do for me. The Pre is holding up nicely after a year, some scratches here and there and the slider is looser.

i think with the data plan you are considered premiere customer and can do yearly upgrades. can't wait to see what comes out in a year.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Pre on launch day (June 6, 2009) and according to my Sprint Premier date, I'm eligible for an upgrade on June 1. The clerk at Radio Shack looked it up and confirmed I'd be eligible for the $199 price on Friday. Yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol