So what has your Best Buy told you re: pre-order? Mine was interesting..

iamthejosh

May 29, 2010
Visit site
So after reading about people getting appointments from their Best Buys to pick up their preorders, I decided to call mine and see what was up.

He told me that they aren't doing appointments but that if you are on the list you'll get the phone on launch day. He did tell me that they are going to call everyone on day of as a heads up.

I asked him about the bluetooth and he said that they are getting a bunch of bluetooth headsets in to give away with the phone, but all he knew was that it was a plantronics, but official communication for the store hasnt been set yet. I told him that I read online that they would definitely be giving it out and he said he thought so, and added that he also heard that they will be giving out complimentary upgraded micro sd cards for the phone. I was a bit surprised to hear that so I pressed him a little and asked if it was upgraded memory size or maybe speed, and he said he didnt know, only that they would most likely be giving them out too.

This is a best buy in orlando.

Did anyone else hear anything like this?

Thanks,

Josh

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't know! My BB called me to setup an appt and the girl I spoke with said they had no information about anything. Didn't know about the free blue tooth, accesories, or anything

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Mine called today to set up appt. Said I couldnt be there til about 4pm. She said an EVO with my name on it will be waiting for me. JOY!

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i wasn't in the first wave of preorders so i don't know if i will get one on the 4th. apparently my best buy is 3rd in the country for the number of preorders they got so it may not be looking good.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i wasn't in the first wave of preorders so i don't know if i will get one on the 4th. apparently my best buy is 3rd in the country for the number of preorders they got so it may not be looking good.

You must get one on the 4th!!! Do whatever it takes soldier!!! :p

forrest09

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
BB is a joke in my town sheesh their employees couldnt tell you an evo from an iphone at my store i hate it... then again i work at RS and know what im talking about when you ask a question! lol but in all seriousness i called BB yesterday and asked about Zagg shields and the girl asked what i meant and i was like face palm! hahahahah AND to top that off she had NO IDEA what the EVO was i almost wanted to ask her how she didnt know what an EVO was, like dont they have pre order meetings or something??? i wish you had to sorta know what your talkin about to work at an electronics store... seriously

huss30

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
After seeing a bunch of comments saying that the BB's and RS's were calling to schedule appts i wondered why i didnt get a call and i was the second to preorder at my BB. When i called a rep said they werent doing appts because they "had enough staff" and were not opening early either. He did say they were giving away a bluetooth headset but nothing about an SD card.

D3on

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow. My best buy told me they was going to call the day i pre order. than last week they called to setup an appointment. im at 930am. free bluetooth and they suppose to have someone there to put on screen protectors if you by one. then she jus kept trying to sale me more stuff. the only deal im getting from bb is the phone. the rest im getting off ebay,

KingGrimlock

May 8, 2010
Visit site
when i pre-ordered, they asked me around what time i'd be coming in and when i told her, she wrote my name in the time slot on a piece of paper and wrote june 9 up at top (i was also the only name on that list but my pre-order is for the second shipment). then she said she'd call me if they came in sooner. that's the only thing i was told. they didn't tell me anything about accessories. that'd be great if they are giving out accessories, even to people like me who are waiting for the second shipment.
(to be honest, it'd be even better if they called me earlier.)

on a related note: do you guys know if best buy is any good at installing invisible shield? i know the guys at the mall kiosks are pretty good but i don't know anyone that's gotten it done at best buy.

lonwolf00

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i know my best buy when tey took my pre order they set an apointment right there for 10 when they opened and said if they were going to open earlier would call me

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who is pissed off about the idea of them "scheduling" appointments? Why can't you just come in on day one, activate the phone and walk out? I'm pretty sure most of us won't need them to show us how to use the phone anyway, I just want to go in, pay, get it turned on, and leave so I can quickly get home, give the wife hers, and go lock myself in my mancave to play!! Is that too much to ask for?!?!?! If they call me and say something like 2pm on the 4th, ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE!!!!

iamthejosh

May 29, 2010
Visit site
haha i agree with dwightshrute. i should just be able to come in when i want. so far it seems that way since my store said they arent doing appointments.....

ah and dwight, is your mancave a cave or a farm? maybe a manbarn? (slight attempt at office humor)

lonwolf00

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i like apointments since its alot better to me since one i know when im getting phone and dont have to be there super early to be far enough up in line to get phone in time for work

Devobail

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my call a few minutes ago. I got the first slot at 10am. The guy was trying to get me to commit to some upsell package for $40, a silicon case, screen protector, & Bluetooth headset. I asked him about the free Bluetooth I heard about on the forums then he says oh yeah u still get that.

I told him I'm covered for cases and screen protectors, then he trys to sell me that black tie rip off insurance. After declining that I guess it became obvious to the guy I wasn't a sucker for overpriced accessories, and he asks me if I wanted a "later" appointment. Yeah right!! I'll be there at 10am when the doors open, have my phone ready! Lol

danfilms

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So after reading about people getting appointments from their Best Buys to pick up their preorders, I decided to call mine and see what was up.

He told me that they aren't doing appointments but that if you are on the list you'll get the phone on launch day. He did tell me that they are going to call everyone on day of as a heads up.

I asked him about the bluetooth and he said that they are getting a bunch of bluetooth headsets in to give away with the phone, but all he knew was that it was a plantronics, but official communication for the store hasnt been set yet. I told him that I read online that they would definitely be giving it out and he said he thought so, and added that he also heard that they will be giving out complimentary upgraded micro sd cards for the phone. I was a bit surprised to hear that so I pressed him a little and asked if it was upgraded memory size or maybe speed, and he said he didnt know, only that they would most likely be giving them out too.

This is a best buy in orlando.

Did anyone else hear anything like this?

Thanks,

Josh

If you dont mind me asking, which Orlando BB?
I preordered with the one in Altemonte. They never called me and my anxiety finally won over so I called them, they said they would be doing appointments and the let me go ahead and set mine up (I was a high number on the preorder list, so I was excited to go ahead and lock in my time).

I guess maybe if you are t the one on 50 it would be less busy and not need preorders.

But who knows what these guys are doing, right? :)

danfilms

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got my call a few minutes ago. I got the first slot at 10am. The guy was trying to get me to commit to some upsell package for $40, a silicon case, screen protector, & Bluetooth headset. I asked him about the free Bluetooth I heard about on the forums then he says oh yeah u still get that.

I told him I'm covered for cases and screen protectors, then he trys to sell me that black tie rip off insurance. After declining that I guess it became obvious to the guy I wasn't a sucker for overpriced accessories, and he asks me if I wanted a "later" appointment. Yeah right!! I'll be there at 10am when the doors open, have my phone ready! Lol

Does anyone know how the BB repair plan compares to the Sprint insurance?
I once got a free 52" Sony Bravia HDTV off BB's replacement plan, so I'm never in too much of a hurry to dismiss it.
Just want to know comparative specifics if possible.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Difference is, BB will even allow water damage, no having to pay $100 for replacement phone. Don't cover lost/stolen phones, everything else is okay..

Downside to theirs, they can and will take up to 30 days to try and "repair" your phone, but you'll get a loaner phone.

ldostang

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my BB is not doing appts either. But now i dont care. At first i was going to go til 6 or 630 when i get out of work. but now i wanna go be there early and get my phone and play with it all afternoon. Just need to get find an excuse to ask for the morning off. They did however say they are not opening early and will have enough staff on hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance