To give ya'll an idea my store pre-ordered 12 EVOs.

I'm being sent 20.

All stores in my area that did decent qty's of pre-orders are getting quite a few extra on hand.

Not bad for the first shipment that needs to cover MANY many stores.

We're not even a mall store here or a super high volume store.

Good news overall!!
    05-30-2010 12:53 AM
    awesome news for fans who didnt pre-ordered in time.
    05-30-2010 01:02 AM
    So it looks like there wont be a problem with making sure the dmeand is met for at least the Pre-orders. This could be good news for BB customers the pre-ordered after the first shipement deadline.
    05-30-2010 01:08 AM
    My cousin pre-ordered his at RS and he said he was the 3rd person to pre-ordered. This was a few day's ago. I'm assuming they'll have a few extras.
    05-30-2010 01:09 AM
    I'm planning on calling the local (1/2 mile away) store on Thursday night to see how many units they've received, then go in Friday morning earlier or later depending on their answer. (i.e. If they've got plenty, sleep in until 7:30 or so; only a few, up at 6 am.)
    05-30-2010 01:32 AM
    I'm planning on calling the local (1/2 mile away) store on Thursday night to see how many units they've received, then go in Friday morning earlier or later depending on their answer. (i.e. If they've got plenty, sleep in until 7:30 or so; only a few, up at 6 am.)
    All stores will have the exact shipping log and tracking #s Monday most likely. (Tues at the latest as its suppose to be here on Weds)

Ask nicely and they should be able to hold one for you. I'm asking customers to come down and let us verify the upgrade eligibility to ensure a hold or pre-do the sprint account creation. This way I know the customer is serious and not wasting my time. Its essentially like a pre-order minus the deposit and 20$ credit.
    05-30-2010 01:36 AM
    When I stopped on Thursday night to look at the dummy they had in the back, the clerk looked up my account and said that since my renewal date was June 1 and the phone drops June 4, I was good to go with upgrade pricing. Are you saying I should stop in Thursday night in person and let it be known I'd like to pop in in the morning to get one?
    05-30-2010 01:57 AM
    When I stopped on Thursday night to look at the dummy they had in the back, the clerk looked up my account and said that since my renewal date was June 1 and the phone drops June 4, I was good to go with upgrade pricing. Are you saying I should stop in Thursday night in person and let it be known I'd like to pop in in the morning to get one?
    Most all stores should have the phones Weds.

Stop in Weds and find out exactly just how many EVOs they have on hand spare. Let it be known you want one.

We're doing pre-qualifying measures just like the pre-orders to verify the customer is indeed able to upgrade/pass credit check. This way we dont end up holding one for a customer and its a bust. (Also requiring them to be in asap Friday)
    06-01-2010 12:01 AM
    My Redmond, WA store will be opening at 0600AM and is assigning pre-orders with appointment times, so you don't have to stand in line. I chose a cool 0730AM pick-up time.
    06-01-2010 12:07 AM
    Will RS activate the phone for you without opening the box?
    06-01-2010 07:06 AM
    and what about buying off contract?
    06-01-2010 08:43 AM
    Those have all been plenty answered... but:

1) RS has to bare minimum activate the phone on sprints side. We also have to verify box's contents. Phone on the other hand does not require being turned on/activated then and there.

2) 499.99 off contract.
    06-01-2010 09:14 AM
    Any update on what accessories you guys will have on the 4th?
    06-01-2010 09:41 AM
    Those have all been plenty answered... but:

1) RS has to bare minimum activate the phone on sprints side. We also have to verify box's contents. Phone on the other hand does not require being turned on/activated then and there.

2) 499.99 off contract.
    Thank you
    06-01-2010 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD