Evo about to be launched with massive defect in microsd card?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody heard of this?

Is HTC EVO 4G About To Be Launched With A Massive Defect In The Included 8GB MicroSD Card? | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

This would be a major bummer! I'm switching over from my Hero....I'm wondering if I'd have to reformat the card, or if I could use it straight from the Hero? That would save me having to copy over my music and photos....

Its a non-issue even if it is bad in my opinion, uits only class 2 anyway. I'm chucking mine in the trash regardless if it works or not and putting my class 6 from my old phone in it. 8gb class 6 cards are only about 15 bucks on amazon.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this on the Evo I got at IO. In fact, I've seen it all of twice. Rebooted, and all is well. I seriously doubt it's a physical problem with the card, and it's kind of irresponsible for a blog to call into question every card that will ship with every phone because of a handful of error messages.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this on the Evo I got at IO. In fact, I've seen it all of twice. Rebooted, and all is well. I seriously doubt it's a physical problem with the card, and it's kind of irresponsible for a blog to call into question every card that will ship with every phone because of a handful of error messages.

Yeah but it seems like now a days a blogger will try and find every problem with anything and blow it out of proportion, not all blogger's but it seems to be the trend we are heading toward...

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I occasionally have a similar issue with my N1 and sometimes I have to reseat the card. I never really thought is was that big of a deal. On occasion my Macbook Pro doesn't read CDs so I thought it was just the nature of the beast with various removable disk/memory readers.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I read the article and it seems reasonable, fair, and well written.

I don't know why some feel its otherwise. The posts here and the comments at the end of that article seem to confirm the issue.

I"ve pre-ordered the phone and I will most likely love it, but, this issue, as well as the poor video issue has me a bit nervous.

After being a Palm man since the "Visor", I skipped the Pre due to all its early issues and never left my Treo755. I trialed the Hero for a month and loved it and have been waiting for my "Supersonic" ever since.

I just don't want to be dissapointed

Last edited:

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but it seems like now a days a blogger will try and find every problem with anything and blow it out of proportion, not all blogger's but it seems to be the trend we are heading toward...

That is because they are trying to make themselves out to be important. If they were a reputable news source they would have a job as such.

cpgoody

May 19, 2010
Visit site
@slthree, I couldn't agree more and I thought the post was pretty good. I have also ordered my EVO and am looking forward to receiving it, but no consumer should have to swap out the SD card that is provided....that's ridiculous. Yes, a lot of us will be upgrading to a new card immediately, but that's not a reason for Sprint to distribute faulty cards and if it's a software issue we will all have the same problem with the new card. I don't pretend to know the specifics of the issue here (and I don't really care), but if it is impacting 2,000 of the EVOs handed out at the IO conference I would say there is an issue here.

What exactly is the issue with the poor video?

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I for one plan on formatting the card before I load any of my content on it, and eventually will be getting a 16GB card.

If it is a software issue then I'm sure HTC/Sprint will put out a firmware update soon.

skullsdontfade

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is the issue with the poor video?

some people are complaining about the compression and artifacting that is shown in the Evo's video recording. ive watched many videos and while the picture is pretty good, it's not great. i don't see it as much of an issue. i, personally, don't use the video recording on my phones. maybe twice that i can recall... in a pinch, it's fine.

TheBundo

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I noticed mine was only formated as FAT, but when I put a new card into the phone and use the phone's own formating feature, it formatted it in FAT32. Weird

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon