Serious problem or I am stupid...

zipjitsu

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I tried to flash the Infected Rom Eternity and also flash the joeykrim.flashimagegui to try and fix the 4G issue. I did it exactly like I thought I was supposed to, but apparently not. Now I can't get into recovery or out of the bootloop. I tried using a new sd card but nothing. Now all it does is show the htc EVO $G boot screen. I am able to hook my EVO up to the computer and get into the Adroid System Recovery, but I cant flash anything because the SD card wont mount. I tried using a new sd card and the same thing happened. WHat do I do??? UGH!

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The Nandroid backup would be on your SD card. Boot into recovery and see if the phone sees anything in the restore/backup option.

zipjitsu

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
tried that. nothing there. It keeps telling me that it can't mount the SD card. I tried using several different recoverys and nothing works. The only one that was working was the Amon, but even that doesnt do anything. It sends me to the Android recovery screen but it won mount the SD card so I cant access anything on the card (same thing happens when I plug it into my cpu and try this process ecept the text color is different). The only thing I CAN do is put files on the SD card via my cpu. I can place the recovery .zip files on the root of the SD card and reinsert back into my phone. It keeps kicking me back into the bootloader screen now

zipjitsu

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
CANCEL! I was able to turn S-ON so I just dropped it off at Sprint and played dumb and acted like I didn't know what was going on with it. They are going to look at it and determine they can't fix it (which I already am aware of) and tell me they will need to replace it or some garbage like that. YAY! Well yay for another free refurbished phone, but BOO for having to wait another 5-10 business days to get it back.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for keeping all of devices priced so high! If you're going to be messing with your device like this at least man up and take your lumps.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for keeping all of devices priced so high! If you're going to be messing with your device like this at least man up and take your lumps.

One guy returning his device isn't gonna make your next phone less than $400 man. Get a grip. Blame HTC or LG or whomever and the fact that some people will pay said price no matter how high. What he did wasn't illegal

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
One guy returning his device isn't gonna make your next phone less than $400 man. Get a grip. Blame HTC or LG or whomever and the fact that some people will pay said price no matter how high. What he did wasn't illegal

Never said it was illegal, but now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that fraud is. If you, through your own stupidity, void the warranty on a product and then return it to the store and have them replace it under that warranty is directly leading to raised prices.

And you're right, one guy isn't going to do it, but i can guarantee you he is not alone.

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Never said it was illegal, but now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that fraud is. If you, through your own stupidity, void the warranty on a product and then return it to the store and have them replace it under that warranty is directly leading to raised prices.

And you're right, one guy isn't going to do it, but i can guarantee you he is not alone.

He could have very well had a dardware problem which in that case would be grounds for a return. I would do the same thing if I had problems which pointed to hardware issues. Good on him for returning S-ON and not using his insurance. +1 for beating the overpriced phone system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781