After replacing my digitizer on my EVO 4G, I noticed my Volume Up button didn't work. I took it apart and discovered the replaceable up/down button was ok...but the very small grey thing that the button pushes broke off and is missing.

Anyways, I'm rooted with the stock rom, gingerbread. I wanted to switch to Cyanogen mod and read that I needed Amon Ra to use Superwipe (since I have clockwork 4.0). But since my volume up button is broken, I can't click YES to install Amon Ra, right?

So...

1. Any way to fix my volume button?
    2. Should I switch to clockwork 2.6 instead of Amon Ra? EDIT: apparently CM7 requires at least clockwork 3.0...
    3. Or is there an alternative to superwipe?

Thanks!

**This is what I read about Superwipe (only clockwork mod 2.6, amon ra 2.3, and trwp will work. so if you have clockwrok mod 3 and higher you might want to switch recoveries.)
    12-28-2011 12:13 AM
    I used ROM manager to flash Amon Ra recovery. Then superwipe and CM7 were done in no time! ROM manager doesn't work after Amon Ra is installed.
    12-29-2011 12:18 PM
    After replacing my digitizer on my EVO 4G, I noticed my Volume Up button didn't work. I took it apart and discovered the replaceable up/down button was ok...but the very small grey thing that the button pushes broke off and is missing.

Anyways, I'm rooted with the stock rom, gingerbread. I wanted to switch to Cyanogen mod and read that I needed Amon Ra to use Superwipe (since I have clockwork 4.0). But since my volume up button is broken, I can't click YES to install Amon Ra, right?

So...

1. Any way to fix my volume button?
    2. Should I switch to clockwork 2.6 instead of Amon Ra? EDIT: apparently CM7 requires at least clockwork 3.0...
    3. Or is there an alternative to superwipe?

Thanks!

**This is what I read about Superwipe (only clockwork mod 2.6, amon ra 2.3, and trwp will work. so if you have clockwrok mod 3 and higher you might want to switch recoveries.)
    I tried to send you a PM but I don't have enough posts here lol

I was wondering if you were ever able to fix your volume button? I had the exact same thing happen with the up button as well, I tried to see if I could push something inside of the button to make it work and then possibly glue something in place but I was unable during this last try. This all started with replacing my speaker a second time and gettinga bad replacement from durapowerglobal and after taking my phone apart a million time the like 5 times it broke. Ugh

I have had my Evo since launch and have just been waiting for something new and cool to come up on sprint, maybe the galaxy nexus will be calling me sooner then later lol
    01-17-2012 07:31 PM
    I tried to send you a PM but I don't have enough posts here lol

I was wondering if you were ever able to fix your volume button? I had the exact same thing happen with the up button as well, I tried to see if I could push something inside of the button to make it work and then possibly glue something in place but I was unable during this last try. This all started with replacing my speaker a second time and gettinga bad replacement from durapowerglobal and after taking my phone apart a million time the like 5 times it broke. Ugh

I have had my Evo since launch and have just been waiting for something new and cool to come up on sprint, maybe the galaxy nexus will be calling me sooner then later lol
    Just happened upon this post again. No, I haven't found a fix. I suppose you could replace the motherboard. I'm over it though...increasing the volume through the settings isn't too painful. And we only have to wait until June for a new phone.
    03-11-2012 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD