Evo slower than the Incredible?

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Evo and Incredible right now...let's just say that my Incredible is going back. Definitely notice a difference with color on the evo vs the incredible and some light bleed at the bottom of the evo. As far as speed goes, have not noticed much of a difference there. The evo is flat out amazing to me and is, without question, my next phone. You guys who haven't had a chance to play with the evo will not be disappointed...just a few days away.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the Evo and Incredible right now...let's just say that my Incredible is going back. Definitely notice a difference with color on the evo vs the incredible and some light bleed at the bottom of the evo. As far as speed goes, have not noticed much of a difference there. The evo is flat out amazing to me and is, without question, my next phone. You guys who haven't had a chance to play with the evo will not be disappointed...just a few days away.

Yeah, I finally got to play with a "dummy" Evo today and really enjoyed the feel of it and am so ready for the real thing, no more fore play for me :p

Hero-ic Lover

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Everyone go home, folks. This thread is shut down!!!

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I would really want to see a side by side comparison, not on wifi, but with there respected carriers running the show with 3G...

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
While they are close, the Evo is the new and improved version. So it should be running faster. I have used both so far. I may be biased because I am getting an Evo, but the Evo seemed faster to me. Not by much, but faster. Better screen touch thing too.

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
It's completely possible that the EVO is slower than the Incredible. Sprint loads the phone with bloatware, which once rooted, can be removed from the startup - but was probably active (since he probably has no clue what a Task Killer is) during his testing.

Imagine a straight up comparison of hardware (using the PC example) where the computers are virtually the same, but you are torrenting 10 files on one, running slacker/pandora, watching hulu and playing the same 3D game... Think the performance of the one running all those apps is going to be as good as a clean PC only running the game?

Again, a basic knowledge of Android will let you know you can run a task killer, but obviously, Iphones don't need them...

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Android Central's tests via linepack & neocore both show the Incredible and even the Nexus1 (running stock 2.1) are faster than the Evo4G. These are the benchmarking problems to use for a completely objective view on speed.

It's most likely all the junk installed by Sprint, but hard to say for sure.

dbmet

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I used both, and the Incredible went back to Verizon. Something Just never seemed right with that Incredible and its signal, and battery.... I love the Evo and keeping this one for a while..Lol.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Those benchmark results were rather miniscule. They would not be obvious in real world usage and definitely would not contribute to Mr. Toploskys "significant" difference between the two.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just watched this video...

YouTube - HTC Hero 3D Benchmark with Qualcomm NeoCore

How does the HTC Hero (not Sprint Hero) get 26.8 fps when the Nexus 1 only gets 26 and the Incredible 25.8 in this Video... YouTube - AndroidCentral's Channel

And in this next video we get 23.7 for the Evo and 24.5 on the Moto Droid.

YouTube - AndroidCentral's Channel

So the difference in performance is about 2 fps against the N1 which isn't running sense, and about the samge against the Incredible which is running Sense.

Run the Evo without Sense and it gets 25 fps.
YouTube - AndroidCentral's Channel

So our baby is getting the lowest scores, that sucks, wish I would know why? How accurate is NeoCore? How reproducible are those results?

And finally, one more other benchmark called "Quadrant" I think?

YouTube - androidandme's Channel

Discount the N1 since it was running 2.2. The Evo did 526, the Incredible 532.

Let the benchmarking battles start, on June 4th!

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-aurorasoftworks-quadrant-ui-standard-CAnB.aspx

Last edited:

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it would be. The larger the display resolution the slower the computer all things being equal.

This is like saying that your Dell Optiplex 755 with a 24 inch screen and webcam is slower than your dell optiplex 755 with a 19inch screen and a bigger hard drive. Its ignorance.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it would be. The larger the display resolution the slower the computer all things being equal.

This might be the single dumbest thing i've ever heard from a human.

The difference would be so infintismally small that no human would ever be able to discern it. :mad:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This might be the single dumbest thing i've ever heard from a human.

The difference would be so infintismally small that no human would ever be able to discern it. :mad:

I wouldn't call that dumb, the basic principle is right, he just didn't express himself very well. A higher resolution doesn't make the computer slower, the computer just has to work harder since the video card has to push more pixels at higher resolutions which results in lower frames per second.

Also, I find it just a tad disrespectful to call people dumb.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't call that dumb, the basic principle is right, he just didn't express himself very well. A higher resolution doesn't make the computer slower, the computer just has to work harder since the video card has to push more pixels at higher resolutions which results in lower frames per second.

Also, I find it just a tad disrespectful to call people dumb.

I didnt call him dumb, i said it was the dumbest thing id ever heard.

and like i said, the difference would be so tiny that noone could ever possibly notice it with the human eye. and as Manny said, the Evo and Incredible have the same resolution, one is just stretched across more real estate.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I didnt call him dumb, i said it was the dumbest thing id ever heard.

and like i said, the difference would be so tiny that noone could ever possibly notice it with the human eye. and as Manny said, the Evo and Incredible have the same resolution, one is just stretched across more real estate.

LOL, but it is the next closest thing to it, but either way, we'll all know more in a few days....days! not weeks! Woot! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm