Pre-Order From LetsTalk?

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone with an existing Sprint account preordered from letstalk? It says the phone will be available to ship 6/1 but there is no mention of a $100 M.I.R. which means $100 more than anywhere else! Anyone know if there is still a rebate or not?

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well on the site it shows as $199 new account, as with BB and RS the refund is instant, and $299 with contract extension. Also it looks like its $549 with no contract.

Also shows as first shipping on 6/4 but not guaranteed.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, $199 for a new account but $299 for a contract extension. Sprint customers are eligible for the new customer price when they get there upgrade. I am trying to figure out if they are just failing to mention the $100 rebate or they are just pocketing it for themselves.

The 6/1 date showed up when I started going through the checkout process looking for them mentioning a M.I.R.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that they are pocketing it, if there was a rebate through them it would be instant.

HTC themselves seem to be confused on the price issue:

HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) | HTC Online Store (US)

Note the initial "Product Price" changes depending up new plan, upgrade, or phone only. I don't believe it for a minute, but on the upgrade they are listing an *HTC* instant discount which one might think is different from the *Sprint* upgrade reward...

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
From the site...

The HTC EVO™ 4G is currently only available for pre-order reservaion and WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL JUNE 4TH. Supply is very limited at launch. Please keep in mind, a pre-order reservation does not guarantee that your phone will ship on launch day, June 4th.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I put in an order there but canceled soon after. Not only do they not ship until June 4th (and couldn't confirm that would be definite), they said they can only do the pre-approval and credit check for Sprint (for a transferring customer like me) until that very day, which was a bit of a bummer. In the end the pre-order at Radio Shack or Best Buy seemed better if you wanted the phone immediately because they've set up everything with Sprint already.

However, I've used them before for phones already in stock, and they've been quick and efficient, so in a few weeks it might be a good bet.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was looking to order online becuase I don't want the phone to be activated. I may just end up going over to the Sprint Store to get one and let them activate it. M.I.R. is better than no rebate online.

I noticed that on the HTC website too, interesting that these online retailers aren't giving existing customers the full discount price.