Will evo be your first android phone

will the evo be your first android phone

• Total voters

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea my first android except for a hacked Touch pro 1 with XD android on it....I had Win Mo up until my Pre and Blackberry before that, and am happy to try another operating system.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Coming from a Palm Pre, after a series of PalmOS devices. I feel like a heretic sometimes, but I'm making the jump.:)

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, and at that my first smartphone ever. For a tech-girl that's horrific, but I'm also a frugal tech girl... I thought my Samsung (SPH-A900) would NEVER die. Luckily, it went crazy two weeks ago and had to be put down so near-perfect timing for the Evo!

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, my first android phone but i have used windows mobile, palm os, web os, and rims os. I was waiting for a device to make me want to come over to android and the evo more than did that.

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes. First Android....been thru the following.Treo 600, 650, 700wx...WINMO..ppc-6700,ppc-6800, ppc-6900, htc diamond, bb 8330, bb 8530 and bb 9630...EVO's next.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep. My last phone, which was also my first ever smartphone, was the Pre.
This.

I wonder if there will be a way to know just how many people dump the Pre this weekend for the EVO? That those who'd had so much hope and enthusiasm for the ill-fated Pre have an opportunity to bail on their anniversary date to the hottest Android handset and look to be taking it* bodes ill for Palm because the early adopters who would've evangelized for future products have converted to the Church of Android.

* According to the poll here, 46% of EVO buyers are switching from a Palm/webOS phone, as many as Blackberry, iPhone, WinMo and other Android combined. While some may be finally leaving their Treos behind, the vast majority are likely Pre users.

djtarique

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanx RIM for making sorry phones with minor improvements in innovations. All we get is a track pad and a better UI in 5 years?. what a joke. Android should thank RIM for giving them all these unhappy and unfulfilled new customers. only couple of days left until i toss my Tour into the ocean.

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The EVO will be my first Android phone. I have had the Treo 650 (great phone), The Mogul (horrible phone) and camped out to get a launch day Palm Pre' (great OS, horrible build quality). I am so looking forward to the EVO. Now if Best Buy would just call to schedule my apointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463