06-02-2010 07:52 PM
65 123
tools
    Pre-ordered from RS. It's in a mall, but they are gonna open up early on Friday for those of us who've been nagging them to do so.
    06-01-2010 12:20 AM
    I cant take the headaches of lines I become rather impatient so I just preordered my evo at a small radioshack across the street from my job.
    06-01-2010 10:53 AM
    Fact is there are a lot of new people coming into these forums. It happens and sometimes we just let it go. Don't like it... don't post here. End of story. If you have issue with that PM me and don't post in this thread again.

*In fact not a single thread in the first 5 pages of this forum is dedicated to the topic. So "overly numberous" amount of threads is a bit of a stretch.
    I think I just fell in love with this Mod! I have been a lurker here for awhile and get sick of those complaining about anything and everything...

But.. to stay on track...

I'm coming from a Palm Pre which I stood in line for 20 minutes for @ Best Buy last year. They had 4 and I was #4 in line.

Decided I didn't want to risk not getting it on launch day and pre-ordered from Best Buy & having them install a shield for me (because I put one on the Pre by myself and did so bad I tore it off after about 3 weeks = big waste of $).
    06-01-2010 11:04 AM
    Fact is there are a lot of new people coming into these forums. It happens and sometimes we just let it go. Don't like it... don't post here. End of story. If you have issue with that PM me and don't post in this thread again.

*In fact not a single thread in the first 5 pages of this forum is dedicated to the topic. So "overly numberous" amount of threads is a bit of a stretch.
    I am one of the new people - another pre user switching to the evo.

To stay on topic, I preordered from BB and picking it up at 9am, just to get the instant rebate and free headset as I dont own a bluetooth.
    06-01-2010 11:18 AM
    Standing in line at Radio Shack, with Sprint with, wait for it, a Treo 700p - this is WAY overdue!
    06-01-2010 11:23 AM
    I'm not anticipating any lines actually at any of the local Sprint stores. Nobody should take this the wrong way but besides us, nobody really knows or cares about this phone. It is even less hyped by Sprint then the Palm Pre. Even with that how big were the lines in the stores that had them? 5-15 people? I'm walking in, and walking out.

*Now maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. We will know come Friday.
    I think this phone is way more hyped up I was talking to a colleague about the phone she knew a lot more about the phone because of facebook fan groups. The post updates about the phone.. release dates, spec's, pictures and those updates go to a lot of people. So imo i think it might be a problem in high metro area's
    06-01-2010 11:48 AM
    I waited in line 45 minutes for my Pre. There are no Radio Shack or Best Buy stores selling Sprint in my state, so I actually preordered at my local Sprint store - $50 deposit and the store is giving me a $20 credit plus a car charger. I still have to do the rebate thing.

I'll just show up at the store around opening time and hopefully get my Evo then.
    06-01-2010 11:57 AM
    Ima pre to EVO convert! I just ordered (Monday) my EVO at the Sprint store and need to wait til Tuesday next week.
    When I got my Pre it had no Cam-Corder and other fine items (no focus either). Just had to wait.. Still missing things that other out of the box phones had and did not have in the Pre.
    So the EVO is bigger.. There be a belt holder for it. So no tiny keyboard, so its on screen and yet they are putting an on screen KB on the pre as a hack.
    But, I have 30 days to return with a restock fee.

Now to wait..
    Old
    06-01-2010 12:09 PM
    Ima pre to EVO convert! I just ordered (Monday) my EVO at the Sprint store and need to wait til Tuesday next week.
    When I got my Pre it had no Cam-Corder and other fine items (no focus either). Just had to wait.. Still missing things that other out of the box phones had and did not have in the Pre.
    So the EVO is bigger.. There be a belt holder for it. So no tiny keyboard, so its on screen and yet they are putting an on screen KB on the pre as a hack.
    But, I have 30 days to return with a restock fee.

Now to wait..
    Old
    I barely understood most of that!

But that sucks you have to wait till Tuesday..
    06-01-2010 12:34 PM
    I think this phone is way more hyped up I was talking to a colleague about the phone she knew a lot more about the phone because of facebook fan groups. The post updates about the phone.. release dates, spec's, pictures and those updates go to a lot of people. So imo i think it might be a problem in high metro area's
    How many EVO commercials have you seen on TV? I saw plenty Palm Pre commercials...
    06-01-2010 12:36 PM
    Well I was the 1st in my town to pre-order from BB. Then my Premiere line got messed up at Sprint. So now I am standing in line at my Sprint store where they will promptly credit my account for the different in full retail and a full upgrade. Oh well.
    06-01-2010 12:39 PM
    How many EVO commercials have you seen on TV? I saw plenty Palm Pre commercials...
    And I haven't been to the movies lately but remember all of those Pre ads at the movies? Has there been any for the Evo?
    06-01-2010 12:40 PM
    I'm new to the forums and Android! I preordered mine from Radioshack. I'm converting to EVO 4G from iPhone 3G.
    06-01-2010 12:46 PM
    Those of you who are waiting in line like myself ... Where are ya going to be and what time are you planning on showing up? I plan on checkin out the scene the night before at my Sprintstore in LA on LaCienega
    06-01-2010 01:31 PM
    I am also a Pre convert. I am waiting in line, to not deal with hassels or a retailer. I've had awful sprint experiences with both RS and BB. I also want to BTA so that the mail in rebate, will be my last payment on the phone, did it last year with the pre, no problems.

I am goin to be waiting at the store on, RT 2, close to my house. I called them today, and they said they expect a line. A big line. The guy told me, over the last week, they get at least 5 callers an hour asking about the EVO launch. And several walk-ins a day, asking about it. There are a lot of sprint stores in my area. So my plan of waking at 5a, and getting there around 5:30-6, seems a little weak. I am most definatly going to set the alarm for 4, and head out, after showering. I do not want to be without this phone, come friday night.

For those of you comparing this to pre launch. I say don't. The pre may have been all over the TV, but the EVO is on everyone's lips. Big difference. Nobody really cared about the pre when it launched, except for the techies. But the EVO? I know so many people who just know it as "the new super phone on sprint". So IMHO this launch will be bigger than most on here expect.

We shall find out the answer to all of our questions, come friday.
    06-01-2010 02:02 PM
    I agree ... I believe this will be a beast of a launch ... I will not underestimate it one bit ... I will be in line ... I rather be the only one in line than the 200th person.
    06-01-2010 02:33 PM
    i agree ... I believe this will be a beast of a launch ... I will not underestimate it one bit ... I will be in line ... I rather be the only one in line than the 200th person.
    amen!
    06-01-2010 02:35 PM
    Didn't read the whole thread but I pre-ordered #4 I believe I was on the list for my local RS and location is in lower Ny ...

Some good android specific sites I just came across include Goodandevo.net, androidpolice.com and androinica.com
    06-01-2010 02:42 PM
    I'll be showing up around 5-6am depending on if their opening up @ 8am or not.

So I guess " Standing in line "
    06-01-2010 02:45 PM
    Hot damn, this thread is moving fast!

Chalk up another Pre user, but I'm getting the Evo** just to try out my first Android phone. I'm quite happy with Pre (actually, happier with webOS than with the phone itself, but I knew I was getting a 1.0 hardware, just didn't expect that a 2.0 phone would take more than a whole year -still no sign of a new webOS phone).

I may end up returing the Evo at the 30-day mark, as I really like webOS.

As for how I'm getting my phone, up until a week or so ago, I was planning on pre-ordering, but since there's absolutely nowhere near the hype for the Evo and HTC has a much bigger production capacity than Palm ever had, I fully expect to be able to walk into a Sprint store on Friday morning and walkout with a phone.

Plus, I prefer billing the phone to my account than paying it upfront.

** how do you say its name? Eeeh-Voh? Or Eee-Vee-Oh?
    06-01-2010 02:47 PM
    Pre-ord... Why not?! LOL Besides i gotta work to pay for this thing... So no standing in line for me. Back to getting my money...
    06-01-2010 02:47 PM
    For those of you comparing this to pre launch. I say don't. The pre may have been all over the TV, but the EVO is on everyone's lips. Big difference. Nobody really cared about the pre when it launched, except for the techies. But the EVO? I know so many people who just know it as "the new super phone on sprint". So IMHO this launch will be bigger than most on here expect.
    I'm having a hard time as to how you can qualify those statements, whether it's your humble opinion or not.
    06-01-2010 02:50 PM
    Pre-ord... Why not?! LOL Besides i gotta work to pay for this thing... So no standing in line for me. Back to getting my money...
    Agreed! pre-ordered on 5.14 and am 3rd on the list at BB. looking forward to my 9:30am appointment

oh and im coming from a Blackberry Storm
    06-01-2010 03:03 PM
    Well, i will be standing at the door when the Sprint store opens. They are opening at 8am. Will be there early. I am driving to a remote one because my friend works there. I live in South of Houston and he works on the far east side. It is easier to get there way earlier, No traffic. Than to try and get there at 8. So i'll be up around 6 and be there by 7ish. Fun for me.
    06-01-2010 03:09 PM
    I'm having a hard time as to how you can qualify those statements, whether it's your humble opinion or not.
    Well, i guess it is a matter of who you know, and what you see. But I don't know anyone who knew about the pre that wasn't informed by me telling them. Even AFTER it being all over TV. With the EVO, i know people in several states, that know this as i said as the "super phone for sprint". Never heard any of that about the pre.

Like I said, i could be wrong. We shall see. But from all of the buzz i've heard about this phone, and compared to last year's pre launch. More of the people I know/see/deal with, have heard about this phone, than of the pre last year. Of course very few people know the actual name of this 'super phone'.
    06-01-2010 03:17 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD