Pre-Order or Standing in Line, What Are You?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
A lil background : First ... I am a noob to android ... Fresh out the womb ... ANOTHER Palm Pre to EVO convert ... Again like many others I love WebOS but hate the hardware ... I waited in line on June 6th for my Pre and NOW will be waiting for my EVO ... I too was a member of Precentral but have been watching Androidcentral and Droiddog for the past 3 weeks religiously ... I remember the huge PRE community months before the launch right up to the day with people taking pics of the lines and where they were going to be on launch day ... Including the pathetic launch party the night before for premiere customers ( that every seems to be now ) ... Anyway I am choosing to get my phone from Sprint the day of only because I can put it on my bill and walk out with my EVO and my pocket still full ...

I am in LA and will probably be standing in line at the Sprint store on La Cienaga across from The Beverly Center

Here are my questions:

1) Are you Pre-Ordering or Standing in line the morning of June 4th to get " Your Precious "
2) If standing in line where ya gonna be? and When?
3) Are there any good EVO Specific forums?
4) Please be gentle to the Android Noobs ... Remember you were a noob at one point ... lol ;)

Last edited:

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Same as you, coming from the Pre. This time I pre-ordered and this time from The Shack so I can get the instant rebate. They called me last week, I have my appointment at 6 am, so I can pick it up before work.
With the Pre, I stood in line, from 5 am until they opened at 8 (at the Sprint store). Later in the day about 1 pm, I drove by a different Sprint store, decided to stop in since I was looking for a case and they still had plenty of Pre's in stock!

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Pre-Order, in my youth I've camped out for concert tickets. Wouldn't do that now with my old bones, and certainly not for a phone.

But I dig the ones that do, met some great people camping in line over the years

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm not anticipating any lines actually at any of the local Sprint stores. Nobody should take this the wrong way but besides us, nobody really knows or cares about this phone. It is even less hyped by Sprint then the Palm Pre. Even with that how big were the lines in the stores that had them? 5-15 people? I'm walking in, and walking out. ;)

*Now maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. We will know come Friday.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
PreOrdered from Best Buy. I can wait till I wake up since I have a rare friday off. But Im coming from At&t and had the BlackBerry Bold 9700.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Neither. Calling Sprint and having them send it to me. Long story, but this is the only way I can get the phone due to a Sprint mess up. Was told can only start ordering it on the 4th.

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I reserved mines at Radio Shack. Not getting up at 6 am though. I need to sleep!

I remember staying up 12 hours last year for my Pre. Never again! I can wait!

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Reserved mine at Best Buy. I too was a Palm Pre line stander. I was in line at 5am to be the second one in line. When I saw Best Buy was taking pre-orders on the EVO i immediately got in line so I get the instant rebate. I'll also be making them put on my Zagg as well. If I can have them do it "professionally" (they have the tools, and they did a good job on the full body skin for my Hero) instead of doing it myself and getting all the bubbles all over the place, I find that well worth it.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
if I cant walk into a store on the 4th late in the morning or early afternoon and p/u one, then Ill order it online, sure as hell not waiting in line for it.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
pre-Order mine at RS can't wait my BB tour is going crazy now and I think it knows it's coming to an end for it so it's going out with a bang

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Standing in line...My vaca starts friday (just hangin out at the pool not going any place) so i figure I'll head out for the opening at 8am at the sprint store. I wanted to pre-order at RS or BB, but neither one of them could make my upgrade happen. Dumb &@$%^ at best buy activated a phone on my line in December when I was looking to purchase a hero.. (activated it before I agreed to buy it). This killed my upgrade-ability... Sprint is nice enough to let me purchase on my account.. they will then credit me so I am paying web price (199), without having to deal with Mail in rebates or anything.

Last edited:

fvaldez03

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I preorder the first day you could preorder so I'm all set for pick up. No appt at The Shack they only got 4 preorder so they don't have to open at 6am if they don't to. SO im not getting up early that day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma