909 90.09%
  • No, I am very unhappy.

22 2.18%
  • Eh, it's OK...

78 7.73%
03-05-2012 10:30 AM
381 ... 1213141516
tools
    Just got my EVO after being on an Aria and an Intercept... this is a vast improvement from my previous devices.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2011 09:37 PM
    I have been using my Evo since late December. I upgraded from a Palm Pixi so I went from one extreme in size to another. I loved WebOS but the phone was painfully slow, and I wasn't going to wait around to see if Sprint would ever get updated Palm phones.

It's taken a bit of time to get used to Android but I do really enjoy the Evo. It is a solid piece of hardware. My only complaints would be that the battery life is fair and the messaging app crashes whenever someone attaches a picture to a text message.

However the positive points to this phone far outweigh the negatives. Also, being able to get this phone for $99 at Radio Shack was a real value. I would recommend the Evo highly.
    03-08-2011 03:16 PM
    I have to say so Far I love the EVO!
    03-16-2011 12:45 PM
    I upgraded my Hero to an Evo. I love, love, love my Evo. I only have one complaint, and it's the battery life. The battery life is absolutely horrible. I have taken initial steps in turning off the Google Talk app as well as live wallpapers, and making all apps refresh either manually or once a day. The battery is still horrible. In fact, I have to carry a charger or USB cable around with me at all times. I hate having to turn off features I would normally use just to get a half a days use out of my phone.
    03-17-2011 12:43 PM
    I upgraded my Hero to an Evo. I love, love, love my Evo. I only have one complaint, and it's the battery life. The battery life is absolutely horrible. I have taken initial steps in turning off the Google Talk app as well as live wallpapers, and making all apps refresh either manually or once a day. The battery is still horrible. In fact, I have to carry a charger or USB cable around with me at all times. I hate having to turn off features I would normally use just to get a half a days use out of my phone.
    Just order the extended battery. It is a life saver. I get on average about 2 full days on one charge with using everything i can on the phone.
    03-17-2011 05:48 PM
    Just order the extended battery. It is a life saver. I get on average about 2 full days on one charge with using everything i can on the phone.
    I thought about it then heard its hard to find a back cover. Also, I was afraid it would make my phone bulky looking.
    03-17-2011 05:51 PM
    I thought about it then heard its hard to find a back cover. Also, I was afraid it would make my phone bulky looking.
    It doesnt add a whole lot of bulk onto it at all. True, none of the standard cases will work on it no more, but i have had my EVO bare practically since i got it in July and it is fine.
    03-17-2011 05:53 PM
    The extended battery comes with its own back cover, so there's no need to look for one. BTW, the extended battery you really want is not Sprint's, but the 3500mAh one sold on Amazon or ebay or other similar sites.
    03-18-2011 06:08 PM
    BIG PLUS... really do love WebOS and will miss it, but the hardware was simply cr@p.

I had 3 warranty replacements and 1 insurance replacement (with a warranty kicker-no cost but went against the policy) for various defect in the hardware from the oreo effect, earpiece speaker not working to the cracking screen from the usb port. I've developed and was waiting for the release of the Pre3 LONG WAITING, until another defect worked its way into my life and without support from HP/Palm for a replacement, I simply said bye...

Love the EVO, large and firm hardware, getting used to Android and kinda liking it, still miss WebOS, but more and more each day absence is lessening the impact...
    03-22-2011 11:42 AM
    I wanted to get the EVO, but with the 3D coming out.

I just dont know what to do.
    04-08-2011 06:51 PM
    I've had the evo for about a month, and glad to say I love it.

I was a die hard blackberry addict, owned the 8530, 9630, 9650, and a 9700 for playing around with. Out of the month I've owned the evo, the battery life is very comparable to any blackberry I've owned (except the 9700), with the same use. Browsing, idk how I used a blackberry for that now lol. The speed is amazing, sure it will lag at times, but never as constant as my 9630. The tradition was actually very simple, I was a bb guru, now I've learned myself around Android.

HTC definitely made a beast when they made this. One problem I do hate about it is how the camera sticks out. Already developed a few scratches on it. Any work around anyone found that helped this problem without a case?
    04-10-2011 01:58 AM
    The extended battery door has a protective cover on the lense. It's an added bonus for getting the extended battery (3500mAh one).
    04-10-2011 02:03 AM
    The extended battery door...speaker is elevated off table top for better sounding.

Run Wi-Fi at all times. Uses less battery power by keeping phone off network which uses more battery power esp. 4g.

4g and bluetooth uses the most battery power.
    05-07-2011 01:31 AM
    This is a great device...I've had it since last october
    05-12-2011 07:37 PM
    Ditto
    05-12-2011 07:47 PM
    Loving my EVO....had it since it came out. Now I use my Xoom via hotspot on my EVO and run my business with both. Between the two devices I can use the Square app and take credit card payments right from my phone and tablet. Customers always ask about the phone though. Where did I get it and what brand is it. I've probably sold 50+ EVO's for Sprint without even being on their payroll.
    05-13-2011 04:27 AM
    Just spent the last 24 hours playing with EVO. Its not even activated and I am completely Satisfied...
    05-27-2011 07:26 AM
    So far so good. I am enjoying it so far. But I am disappointed in the volume and also the lag with the camera function. Have not tried video yet...I am in a 3G area so I haven't had any lag problems as described earlier.
    05-29-2011 09:23 PM
    I am a heavy-user, and I have owned my Evo 4G since last fall.... and I still LOVE it!!!

I'ave been using cell phones, and smartphones for as long as they have been around ~
    1. Remember the Motorola Star , with clip on PDA ??
    - (was nothing less than *Brilliant, for it's day and age)
    2. Motorola (model that supported PTT)
    3. Razor
    4. Rascal
    5. HTC Hero ( sometimes still wish for a trackball... just saying)
    6. HTC Evo 4G

* The older Motorola models had the BEST reception (very rural area)
    * The 2 HTC phones have been the: Best; Smartest; and Most usable phones (because of Android OS)

flailer
    06-04-2011 12:22 AM
    I love the evo but wished the otterbox case was available for the evo with the extended battery. But other than that, I still love it.
    06-09-2011 07:22 PM
    I'm loving my Evo. The only thing that drives me crazy is that I keep accidentally hitting the voice button on the keyboard. Very annoying.
    06-19-2011 10:10 AM
    That happens to me all the time, especially when I use the phone in portrait mode. I wish the microphone icon was located off to the side.
    06-19-2011 01:15 PM
    That happens to me all the time, especially when I use the phone in portrait mode. I wish the microphone icon was located off to the side.
    Every phone that I've had before my Evo, Palm Pre included, I would be dying for my next upgrade(every 12 months). I've had my Evo since last July, and I am patiently waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II. I am in no big hurry to upgrade.
    06-19-2011 01:28 PM
    I'm in no rush to upgrade, but I'd consider the coming EVO 3D IF it has a larger internal memory. I've heard conflicting reports on whether it does or not.
    06-19-2011 01:30 PM
    I've probably sold 50+ EVO's for Sprint without even being on their payroll.
    LOL....You took the words right out of mouth. Launch day EVO here and couldn't be happier.
    06-19-2011 01:32 PM
381 ... 1213141516