EVO Owner Reviews

Happy with your Evo?

• Total voters

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Other than launch day network congestion I have no complaints. Makes my old Hero look like a child's toy.

It's fast, there's zero lag and the power/standby button isn't the problem a lot of the bloggers were reporting.

My only complaint is that I have some light leakage on the bottom of the phone under the search button. A friend has zero light leakage. BB has put me on their 2nd pre-order list to get me a replacement.

ddegraw

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I got my evo yesterday and turned my pre off and I am soooo happy!! I absolutely love it! So many cool features and its just the first day!! Its a great phone!

emmac1

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I got this phone for my wife and she really loves it. She started with the Pre and didnt like it so she got the Hero and was upset it wasnt as fast as my Moto Droid. Now with the Evo she is walking around with a chip on her shoulder. For what little time she let me play with it i would have gotten one but sprint sucks where i work so i gotta stick with vzw for now, maybe ill go with the Droid shadow/xtreme since they're pretty much the same. I must admit i am a little jealouse of all you EVO owners

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I love it so far! a little hard texting and emailing coming from my BB Curve but Im good on my second day. I miss my Black Berry Messenger but the EVO is everything I thought it would be and more. when I bought the phone I had RS install a Zagg screen protector, I totally hated it. I just removed the protector and I love the phone even more.

RedhddOne

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Love this phone. Reminds me of 2001 space odessey black slab. This video is all of us monkeys and the EVO.

YouTube - Monkeys see a tall slab

HAHAHA! I love it.

This isn't a complaint, because I'm coming from a Pre, and I know most of you say that your battery life is amazing. However, I'm not having your luck. Maybe it's because of the fact that I can't put Emo down, but I'm going through a full battery in about 6 hours. Maybe if I could just stop touching it...

It will probably be much better when I get over the "newness" factor and iron out some settings. :D

Pictures and the ability to edit them with the Photoshop application is awesome! I haven't taken video yet, but I have tried video chat with Fring using Skype and the person on the other end couldn't see me... I'm not sure if that's because they weren't using their video cameras or what... more testing on that soon.

I'm also having a bit of trouble with setting up a couple of email addresses that I normally check, but the Gmail is working flawlessly. *shrugs* I'll be working on that eventually today.

Overall, I am the happiest person in the world. I am simply in love with Android as an OS. I'm still getting used to not being able to swipe applications closed or switching to them easily, but that is getting better with every moment. :D

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I love mine. Still learning it of course coming from the Pre. I never really liked all that swiping business on the Pre, being as slow as it is, you never really knew if the damn thing responded to your swipe or not and landed up doing it twice and landing up where I didn't want to be. So much easier just to press a button.

The Pre feels like a POS after coming from the Evo. I hooked the Pre up to my wifi and left the Evo on just 3G, I loaded the phonearena website from both phones with the browser already open, and I did let the Evo load flash. The Evo won! 'nuff said!

One thing I noticed I don't like on the Evo, when the phone is plugged in, the charging LED takes priority over anything else, meaning, you don't know whether you have a message or not just by looking on the phone sitting there charging. Also, the Pre used to light up when a message came in, the Evo doesn't seem to do that unless I missed a setting somewhere.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I am having so far is that my pictures from the camera look really blurry, like its not focusing right. BTW I am a former Blackberry user, and this phone is sooo much better than the Tour!

Reactions: GreatRedHeron#AC

8tech

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoy the fast navigation through the menus. The static noise I experierenced from other phones doesn't seem to be there, either.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a Palm Pre and love my new Evo. I think in some apps the Pre is actually better/prettier than Android (especially viewing html email) but overall Android is winning me over and I kind of prefer the back button (Evo) versus the swiping gesture (webOS).

The biggest think I've noticed is the Evo doesn't seem to pick up WiFi as good as the Pre; the EVO is consistantly a bar "lower" on wifi signal strenth than my Pre or iPad. Also I live in downtown Chicago and so far the 4G signal has been surprisingly spotty, but when its there the phone really does fly. People are amazed how good HQ YouTube streaming looks!

I am finding the buttons at the bottom of the screen are pretty sensitive, I seem to be invoking the home and search buttons a lot just holding the device. I popped a 16gb SD card in the minute I got my Evo and haven't noticed any SD card issues. At first I thought the day view on the calendar was awful until I found the "time view" mode, much better (for me anyway).

The on screen keyboard works well, but I still don't believe its a match for a good hardware keyboard (you won't type random characters drifting your thumb over a physical keyboard!). Still I like the form factor and I think I'll get used to the keyboard in time. Its certainly better than trying to type on my wife's iPhone.

Its amazing how small the Pre's screen feels after playing with the Evo for a day. Even if I was finding Android just average (which I'm not), I don't think I could give up the Evo's screen :)

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh, one thing I do miss from my Pre is that the default Yahoo email on the Evo is POP, not IMAP, so I can't see my folders or have push email. I think if I find the server names and manually setup the yahoo mail account I can get that back, but Y mail worked that way out of the box on the Pre.

And I do miss my touchstone charger.

NorseForce04

May 26, 2010
Visit site
battery life problems

Has anyone had any battery problems with their Evo? I had it on the charger for about 3-4 hours and my phone will die in about 5-6 hours. I make sure I shut down the apps right away also. Let know what you guys think.

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Reinds me of windows vista

I have spent most of the day getting y wife's and my contacts on our new phones, since the on line back up from Sprint doesn't work, and nobody told me before hand. Took me awhile to figure out bluetooth, with all my devices. I guess it won't be a time waster for very long, like vista was...not much more to do, 'cept get some better apps for the hardware. If it lasts 3-4 years, it'll be worth the money. 'course, 'way before that time elapses, we'll have 200 gig super devices on our belts.

KristenI

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone and i am just in love with this phone. It does everything that I wished my iPhone could have done and more. Easily the best phone I have ever had.

daveray44

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Adding Contacts

You can easily add contacts 2 ways. One is to bluetooth the 2 units together, then go to contacts and send them to the other phone. 2nd way is to add them manually at the gmail website from your computer. This was my method when I 1st got the Hero. Google will automatically sync both the contacts added from your phone or to gmail. When adding contacts to your phone, make sure to select "Google Contact" to sync to gmail

crackerstyle

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any battery problems with their Evo? I had it on the charger for about 3-4 hours and my phone will die in about 5-6 hours. I make sure I shut down the apps right away also. Let know what you guys think.

Odd. I was actually very surprised today. I'm going on 13 hours of it not being plugged in and I still have about 30% battery or so.

I have been using it somewhere between light and moderate today. Flashed the stock ROM with the OTA, rooted it, played some games on it, played around with wifi tethering, texted some people, spent like 20 mins on the phone..

I'm very happy with the battery life I'm getting so far.

bparod

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE IT!!!..the EVO of course. I cant put it down, an awesome phone and it's really fast. Bought a Seido case (black) and have a screen protector on this baby. .. it looks BADASS!!! just pre-ordered that 1750 mhz battery from seido. :cool:

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE IT!!!..the EVO of course. I cant put it down, an awesome phone and it's really fast. Bought a Seido case (black) and have a screen protector on this baby. .. it looks BADASS!!! just pre-ordered that 1750 mhz battery from seido. :cool:

Keep us posted on the battery from Sedio, all though I'm getting WAY better battery life then my Pre, I'm still curious as to what the extended battery will do.

jfchica1987

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
my battery life isnt the greatest either, after 20 min of use on a full charge and i was just texting my battery was down to 92 percent and after an hour it was down to 84 percent

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01