So I missed the pre-order window... Still possible to get it at launch?

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've checked a couple of Radio Shacks and Best Buys in the area (there are a half dozen of each around here, though only 3-4 are really close) and they've all exhausted their pre-order slots and claim it'd be next to impossible to get one on the 4th.

Since there's no pre-orders at Sprint stores (mostly lists, but I seriously doubt they'll decline a sale if there are enough handsets), I'm hoping I'll have better luck there.

Based on my Palm Pre launch experience (arrived @ 5am to be the first on queue, and although it had quite a few people at the 8am opening, the store only ran out of phones just before 4pm), I don't plan on even getting any earlier than usual, so I won't be able to make it until around opening, by 8am/9am.
But the Pre had some serious shortage issues, and I've been told HTC knows how to crank up capacity for launch, and that I shouldn't worry too much.

Has there been any talk/speculation of how many sets, on average, a store may get?

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
There are rumors but I don't think anyone knows for sure. The general felling among this forum (that I can tell atleast) is there will be phones available at Sprint. I would suggest getting there as early as possible though to make sure. Good Luck

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to get a phone from your local sprint corporate store. I say should though, as it's hard to know what the true demand will be and how many units your particular store will have.

I know Radio Shack is getting their EVO's tomorrow, they can't release them until Friday but they will be in store tomorrow.

You may want to stop by your Sprint store and see if you can get some info as to how many units they have received, then decide what time to arrive.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
All shipping won't be until the 4th and after. To get one on launch day you have to go to a brick and mortar store.

Weeks ago I talked to Sprint telesales and was told that it may be possible to order at midnight on June 4th, but it wouldn't ship until that day (June 4th).

Again though, I don't think you'll have a problem getting one at the Sprint store

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As I posted in my previous, but ever so under viewed, thread: check here

[url=http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14492-radioshack-getting-more-evos-than-pre-ordered-per-store.html]radioshack-getting-more-evos-than-pre-ordered-per-store.html[/URL]

this forum sucks for posting links, wtf...keeps adding !14492! and messses it up

Code:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14492-radioshack-getting-more-evos-than-pre-ordered-per-store.html

Call your local shack, of the extras I'm being sent all but 1 are essentially "called" for.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you have a issue posting links please report the issue. There should be no issues. Thanks.

As I posted in my previous, but ever so under viewed, thread: check here

[url=http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14492-radioshack-getting-more-evos-than-pre-ordered-per-store.html]radioshack-getting-more-evos-than-pre-ordered-per-store.html[/URL]

this forum sucks for posting links, wtf...keeps adding !14492! and messses it up

Code:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/14492-radioshack-getting-more-evos-than-pre-ordered-per-store.html

Call your local shack, of the extras I'm being sent all but 1 are essentially "called" for.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My local RS told me this morning that they have received more units then were pre-ordered and are opening at 6AM. I'm going to leave the house at 5:30, grab a bagel and some coffee and just wait out front. There are a few threads about this here that I saw this morning that prompted me to call. I have a sprint store down the block from the Radio Shack opening at 8AM, so if I strike out early I'll just head over to Sprint.

Cheers, and goodluck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy