06-03-2010 01:14 AM
30 12
tools
    All I can say is that the new Iphone's video quality will probably blow these guys away, just like the Nokia N8 already does... so the trick will be to get Android working on those 2 handsets, for me...
    Hopefully, the compression of the video is not being done on the chip, and if it is, perhaps it can be disabled, now that we have higher capacity SDHC cards available to us...
    Doubt it. The 3GS shoots horrible pictures... despite what Jeremy thinks.
    06-03-2010 12:15 AM
    I understand it's a cellphone but so is the Palm Pre and it records a higher quality sound. Were talking about a year old device that was never suppose to shoot video....and the audio is satisfactory. From the vids I've seen online I feel like HTC has taken a step backwards and that's what concerns me. It's hard to get my point across because the only devices that had decent vid were the Iphone and Pre....so if you didn't come from those devices you probably will approve of the EVOs quality
    The pre also doesn't shoot in 720p
    06-03-2010 12:17 AM
    720 doesn't matter if the compression is bad and audio is a low bitrate
    06-03-2010 12:52 AM
    It's fine!!@
    06-03-2010 12:55 AM
    While I agree that we shouldn't be expecting miracles from the on board vid cam, it doesn't sit well with me when I am artificially limited. What I mean by that is it's one thing if the hardware of the EVO doesn't have the processing power required to use a higher bit-rate compression, but quite another if HTC decided to gimp everyone based on the assumption that a class 2 card would only ever be used. How much harder would it be to implement a variable system that either lets you pick or auto-selects bit-rate based on the class card you have in?

Either way its not a deal breaker and I probably won't use the cam much but it doesn't stop it from bugging me
    06-03-2010 01:14 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD