Thanks a lot Qualcomm for making my Evo look old before I own it!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So, at Computex 2010, Qualcomm shows off their new baby. The 1.2 Snapdragon dual core.

Qualcomm ships first dual-core Snapdragon chipsets clocking 1.2GHz -- Engadget

Just yesterday we had a discussion about who is worried that the Evo will be yesterdays news soon, and today, well, we got the "old" processor now...

Oh well, I am sure it will be at least a month or two before new handsets with that processor will be launched. In a way it's a good thing, gives us something new to look forward to, again..... this was hardly a surprise, just odd timing.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
So, at Computex 2010, Qualcomm shows off their new baby. The 1.2 Snapdragon dual core.

Qualcomm ships first dual-core Snapdragon chipsets clocking 1.2GHz -- Engadget

Just yesterday we had a discussion about who is worried that the Evo will be yesterdays news soon, and today, well, we got the "old" processor now...

Oh well, I am sure it will be at least a month or two before new handsets with that processor will be launched. In a way it's a good thing, gives us something new to look forward to, again..... this was hardly a surprise, just odd timing.

Hahahah the HD2 which was shipped LAST year in Europe has a snapdragon. Considering the 1ghz chip is late last years, early january chip, it makes sense. Also, they stated at CTIA that the 1.2ghz and the 1.5ghz chips would be released in summer and Q4 respectively.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't feel so bad.... 1.2ghz won't be out in a phone for quite some time. 1ghz seems to be the sweet spot for a near-lagless experience right now. With that said, you just may see 1.2ghz in tablets/slate pc's more so than smartphones, as mentioned in the article.

There is always something better on the horizon, enjoy your Evo in the meantime. :)

ataneja

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, with Froyo, you should see significant performance gains (as far as I can tell from reading articles), which could help get through another year till the Evo4g^2 is released...

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
To me this just makes me look forward to the Evo2 that will probably be released one year from now! i:Di

Every year there is the next new phone that you want, I just hope Sprint carries them!

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry. Nothing in the near future will be able to avail itself to that sweet chip.

I figure we're safe for a while. 6mths to a year.

OrderedtheEvo

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's a good thing. We will have the latest and greatest for a good 6 months then start looking at all the new stuff and upgrade in a year.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you choose to wait for the "newest technology", you will be waiting endlessly. This processor being just announced won't be in people's hands for over 6 months, most likely a year. And in a year, there will be further more processors announced. ...never ending cycle.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You have to keep everything in perspective. For me...as long as the EVO runs laps around my current phone (Blackberry 8350i), then I will be more than happy. By the time I get tired of the EVO (which will probably be a LONG while), I'll be past my year and can jump on the next big thing!

Gotta love it......:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2