Just got the Call from BEST BUY!!!

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my call...appointment #1 when the store opens at 10:00am. I didn't go for the Zagg pre-install since I've already ordered a screen protector from Boxwave. However, they did confirm that they will have car chargers on launch day so I will pick one of those on Friday.

One more thing......HOOTIE HOO!!!:cool:

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I also just got the call in Santa Clarita, CA. They are opening at the normal time, 10:00, and I'll be getting mine soon there after. They are pre-installing Innocase's on several units, but I want to check it out before I buy that option.

anon(20960)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my confirming call around 12:30 today for my 1pm appointment, they tried to sell me the screen protector as well, but I declined.

He then called back 20 mins later and said that they are opening up early, and I could move my appointment up if I wanted. So now I'm locked in at 8am!! w00t!!

crackerstyle

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When I got my call they didn't try to sell me anything, just told me to have my gmail account info handy because it would expedite the process.

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
my pre is dead and i hope they didnt call during that time (lasted less than 4 hrs on a full charge. granted its been getting no signal to roaming all the time)

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
just got the call from best buy stating that they can now move up my appointment from 10:30 am to 7:30 am. and that they'll have different sorts of case and accessories onsite available for purchase. They'll also have a zagg representative onsite installing screen and full body protectors if i was interested. Guess i'm getting mines a lil early.

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the Best Buy in Louisville that I ordered my Evo from. I was 3rd in line to preorder the phone. I told the very nice young lady that I had preordered my EVO and was wondering when I would be getting the call to make my apointment. She siad they were calling people in the order that the preorders were made and asked what my name was and she would check because most people had been called to set up an apointment. I gave her my name and told her that I was the third person to preorder and had not been called. She was quiet for a moment and said that the girl that was making the apointments wasn't there and she would get her manager. She then came back and said that her manager was there with her and that I could come in at 9:00 AM to pick up my phone. I was nervous for a few moments but the girl was extremely nice and took care of the issue. The moral of this story is if they haven't called to make your apointment, you may want to call Best Buy....

sdmeier

May 7, 2010
www.godcmetro.com
I got my call last Thursday. I Have a 1:00pm Appointment. Taking off at Noon. I like the idea of not having to wait around, but I really wold like to have it BEFORE I go to work. But I guess this way I get to play with it and not get in trouble for not working. :)

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the call as well. 9 AM Nashville time.
I'm torn between picking up my pre order, or standing in line @ my local Sprint store. My local Sprint guys don't know the street price off contract, but I've read its 450.00. Radio Shack is 500 BB is 600. That's a LARGE price difference. I'm going to BB Wednesday to check in person on their price matching...taking the radio shack price in with me.
I did tell them to install the Zagg full body kit, and hold me out a car charger as well.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got the call around 5:00pm, since I was the first to pre order they gave me first pick of the time slot.
I chose the first appt @ 10am!:cool:

paga912

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yessss!!!!

So, my BB appointment was originally scheduled for 11am on Friday and I am #1. Today they called me and said; Do you want to change your appt to 830 in the morn because we are opening early and you are first on the list????..WHAT!!! Did she really have to ask me that?? I casually said?..yes I do and she asked me 1 million other questions trying to sell me all kinds of stuff an I think I said yea to all of it?lol. bc I was losing in madden so I was concentrating and I was happy at the same time. Anyway..just thought like telling ya'll. Just a few more days left!!!!

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I got my call today. For $40 I am getting the invisa-shield installed, a car charger, and a belt case. Someone in another posting showed it, pretty good. Plus the bluetooth headset that comes with it anyhow for a limited number of orders. Since i am the FIRST one on the FIRST day, I better get one, LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech