I just got off of the phone with an employee at the Best Buy closest to me. I was trying to find out about the availability of the EVO on Friday. Since I didn't pre-order the phone I was curious to see if I could walk in after work and pick one up, or should I have a cold Friday and camp out in line.

The rather snotty BB employee informed me that every EVO that they have is spoken for. I find it very hard to believe that any place, and especially a Best Buy, would only have enough phones to cover pre-orders with no product left over to cover walk ins (which I'm sure is going to happen, aka, me).

I got burned with the Palm Pre so I'd like to play with the phone for a little while before buying two them (one for the wife creature and one for myself). There are 2 other BB's here so I'll give them a call and see if its the same story with them.

Also, as a side note, BB sent me an email inviting me to an after hours sales event this Sunday, the 6th, one of the big draws was an additional 1,000 Rewards Points for HTC branded items. I was thinking of holding off until Sunday, but if BB only has enough EVO's for pre-orders on the 4th.......
    06-01-2010 02:41 PM
    Radio Shack told me that every store is going to have some extras for walkins who didn't preorder -- check them out!
    06-01-2010 02:42 PM
    Buy the EVO and then return and buy it on Sunday. Been there, done that. As long as you talk to a manager first, as I did, you should be good to go.
    06-01-2010 02:43 PM
    LOL, I'd try that if I could even get one from BB to begin with. Of the 2 stores called, one has enough for pre-orders, the second store I called the girl I spoke to was clueless about what an EVO was.
    06-01-2010 02:56 PM
    Did u just call your wife a Creature?......Dude that's messed up. Hope you get to snag a phone
    06-01-2010 03:07 PM
    Did u just call your wife a Creature?......Dude that's messed up. Hope you get to snag a phone
    Good, I wasn't the only one to pick that up. And to the OP, good luck on getting an EVO.
    06-01-2010 03:11 PM
    How about screw BB and just goto Sprint, Big deal about the rebate, wait for it. At least you know you have a good chance of getting the phone if you show up early.
    06-01-2010 03:27 PM
    Sprint hacked me off last Friday so I won't be dealing with their store front. I walked in wanting to know how much the two EVO's would be on the 4th, a hard dollar ammout so I would know how much money to transfer into the Debit card from savings.

When the guy found out that I wasn't buying a phone that day I was given the bums rush out the door. Anyway, just finished working a minor T/A close to Radio Shack so I'm going to wander in there before my shift change. Sucks that all the Best Buys are out of my patrol area.
    06-01-2010 03:44 PM
    I will never go into the Sprint corporate store near me ever again. Bunch of punks.
    06-01-2010 04:11 PM
    Go to Sprint or a RS, everyone seems to be hearing the same thing and that is those stores will be getting additional unit's to supply people who did not pre-order. Seems BB employees don't care too much for their customers after all these snotty stories I've been hearing.
    06-01-2010 04:39 PM
    I stopped by a BB near me. They had pre-orders for all of the 65 EVOs they were getting in on the 4th.
    06-01-2010 04:42 PM
    Looks like we may have to up our estimates for first day/week/month sales of the Evo. Wouldn't it chap Apples *ss if the Evo sold more than the 4G iPhone in the same period? I know it's next to impossible but Jobs would have a sh*t fit if it did.

Brian
    06-01-2010 04:50 PM
    Go to Sprint or a RS, everyone seems to be hearing the same thing and that is those stores will be getting additional unit's to supply people who did not pre-order. Seems BB employees don't care too much for their customers after all these snotty stories I've been hearing.
    I have had nothing but really helpful people at our local BB in Plover, WI. Really nice people willing to helpme out with a number of issues and very patient with a Gadet Geek like me who wants to know every little thing.
    06-01-2010 05:08 PM
    My experience with my BB was good as well. I called to make sure that there wouldn't be an issue with my pre-order since my appointment is after work. The BB employee was really nice and told me all the pre-ordered Evos would have customer's names on them and that there would be a handful of extras for walk-ins.
    06-01-2010 05:13 PM
    Looks like we may have to up our estimates for first day/week/month sales of the Evo. Wouldn't it chap Apples *ss if the Evo sold more than the 4G iPhone in the same period? I know it's next to impossible but Jobs would have a sh*t fit if it did.

Brian
    The only way the EVO would sell more than the iPhone is if they changed the name to iEVO and had Apple make it.

It would be nice though.
    06-01-2010 05:13 PM
    I also had a good experience at BBM, when I went in to pre-order, I watched as a lady worked diligently trying to fix a customers sprint phone, and when I stated that I wanted to pre-order the Evo, stated that they don't sell sprint at that particular store. I thanked her, and the gentleman that she was helping yanked the phone out of her hand, and we both proceeded to the sprint store a block away.
    06-01-2010 05:18 PM
    So far I've had a good experience with BBM. I just got a call to set up my app. time, I was first to preorder so my time is 8AM. BTW my BB is only getting 10 phones. Small market I suppose. (Jackson MI)
    06-01-2010 05:30 PM
    I had a sneaking suspicion the OP was a cop, or security guard.
    06-01-2010 05:39 PM
    The only way the EVO would sell more than the iPhone is if they changed the name to iEVO and had Apple make it.

It would be nice though.
    You actually Foxconn the manufacturer (biggest guy on the block, Dell and everyone's mother uses Foxconn).

Apple doesn't make anything, Foxconn is the OEM.
    06-01-2010 06:16 PM
    Best Buy here in Palm Desert, CA says they only have 3 pre-orders and the rest will be open game for those who didn't pre-order.

No appointments for those of us who pre-order, just walk in and pick it up is what he told me.
    06-01-2010 06:21 PM
    hmmm... 1100 best buys and MANY pre-orders... there is bound to be a ball dropped. i have heard issues with BB, RS, EVP. perfection is the goal, but unfortunately we can only try to please everyone. i have seen some "mountains out of mole hills" and complaints that there won't be stock for a mad dash... we did the preorder to keep it orderly. my store will be getting overstock, but those will be allocated to 2nd round preorders. customers in line that day will be offered a preorder on the 2nd wave (maybe 3rd). most stores in my area are doing this to avoid chaos on launch day.

if you like calm and orderly, walk in and preorder at best buy. (i cannot vouch for your experience at your local BB... i can only go off of what i know to be the desired experience) if you want to wait in line and maybe get a phone and wait for a $100 rebate, take the day off, grab some coffee and hit a sprint store at 4am.
    06-01-2010 08:04 PM
    I had a sneaking suspicion the OP was a cop, or security guard.
    Memphis PD. If you were over at PreCentral then you probably read some of my posts bashing the build quality of the Pre and how I made a couple of Touchstone vehicle chargers for my POV and my patrol car.
    06-01-2010 08:09 PM
    Radio Shack it is. The two guys in the store said they had 7 pre-orders but the remainder of their 20 is available for walk-ins. I told them I would need 2 and they didn't have a problem tacking my name onto their list.
    06-01-2010 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD