Can I rant?

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So I got my daughter a hero and it got ruined, I found a galaxy on CL cheap and it was locked on someone else's account. So she saved her money and bought an evo. We replaced her hero with the evo and Sprint put "damaged beyond repair" on her line so we could not get help to fix evo. So after a Crapshow-amazon refunding our money and yet again my kid has no phone. Ugh. Sorry I'm done

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't understand, was the "damaged beyond repair" in reference to the Hero or the EVO? If so, wouldn't it be easy to show that the "damaged beyond repair" was applied before she purchased the EVO and thus not applicable to the EVO?

And I guess a second question is if she just bought the EVO, why did it need to be fixed already?

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It did show that's why I was upset. The reps (two different ones) state that serial # was activated on..then the evo was activated on...and she said she didn't have the "authority" & I had to being the evo in to corporate store to "show" them that it really was a EVO. and the evo was bought refurbished and the charging port broke...go figure. She stated that the insurance must st have not been added to phone (lie it stats on the line) I think they were lazy to be honest. I have been with Sprint for 10 years and raising big android geeks with me. Job security for them is say :) but it was a Clustercrap of bull. We ended up purchasing yet another evo. Gross :)

teejmac

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
not sure i fully understand. you bought a refurbished evo and it was already damaged, you put it on the line that i am assuming has insurance and then wanted them to fix it? Not sure if that is what happened or if I am misunderstanding.

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
When I called to have evo taken off of line (bought through Amazon and was under 14 day period) I was told about the hold on line. I called assurion to hear their thoughts and they said sprint should have fixed it BUT it was under amazon warranty so amazon replaced with 2nd evo which was new -yet continually just re-booted itself, so again back to Amazon for a replacement but went with different phone -she got a galaxy s and no issues. And the beyond repair thing has been removed. We just wanted that taken off the line so that the phone we had put on would be covered by insurance- but no, to finally answer question did not expect sprint to replace a phone that we bought refurbished and was still under exchange period. I just really needed to rant for a minute. The daughter apparently just does not have good luck with phones..but is happy now that all is fixed.

teejmac

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
oh ok i see. yeah that is kind of strange that they will not fix that problem for you. They seem to be just screwing around with you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non