SD Card Directory Structure?

sdmeier

May 7, 2010
www.godcmetro.com
I have a question for anyone who currently owns/has an EVO.

I bought a 16 GB Card. I want to be ready when I get this phone.

Can anyone tell me the directory structure for the Media/Files? I have a couple of Movies I want to load up, some music, all my images... and anything else that I may have.

I just need to know the structure to place the files so they get found/read correctly by the evo. Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for anyone who currently owns/has an EVO.

I bought a 16 GB Card. I want to be ready when I get this phone.

Can anyone tell me the directory structure for the Media/Files? I have a couple of Movies I want to load up, some music, all my images... and anything else that I may have.

I just need to know the structure to place the files so they get found/read correctly by the evo. Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!

Take a test movie, a test picture & copy a music file to the 8 GB card already in there, then swap it for your 16 GB & put the 8 GB in a microSD adapter, & put that in your computer. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Also, isn't there sync software for Android that can do this stuff automatically?

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Take a test movie, a test picture & copy a music file to the 8 GB card already in there, then swap it for your 16 GB & put the 8 GB in a microSD adapter, & put that in your computer. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Also, isn't there sync software for Android that can do this stuff automatically?

its pretty clear to me that He wants to have the card setup before he gets the phone so he can just swap in his card and begin using it right away. and is asking if anyone knows the structure ahead of time, like someone that has the phone already maybe. And the sync program comes pre-loaded on the internal card that is with the phone and is for syncing contacts and such with apps like outlook.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing that exact thing right now , hoping the directory structure is friendly with android.

Loading up about 9 gigs of music, 2 gigs of movies, and letting the rest be wiggle room

*DCIM
*MOVIES
*MUSIC

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is great as I was going to ask the same thing. One more question though, what about sub folders?

i.e. under DCIM what is the folder name that the Evo uses for pictures? My Pre has a DCIM/100PALM folder for example.

DCIM is standard but each camera/device has a different folder name for its pictures, what is Evo's?

I also have a bunch of pictures and sounds/ringtones already on a 16GB card ready to just pop in the Evo. i:Di

sdmeier

May 7, 2010
www.godcmetro.com
its pretty clear to me that He wants to have the card setup before he gets the phone so he can just swap in his card and begin using it right away. and is asking if anyone knows the structure ahead of time, like someone that has the phone already maybe. And the sync program comes pre-loaded on the internal card that is with the phone and is for syncing contacts and such with apps like outlook.

Exactly! So when I pick up the phone I can have them put my 16GB Class 6 Chip in rather than the 8GB (Class unknown) chip in and have all my stuff ready to go.

crackerstyle

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! So when I pick up the phone I can have them put my 16GB Class 6 Chip in rather than the 8GB (Class unknown) chip in and have all my stuff ready to go.

8GB Class 2.

Speaking of, is the speed really that noticeable to warrant the extra money? Admittedly I don't know much about the SD card classes.