evo sd card issues?

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if this is just a software issue, bad batch of sd cards, or if this is just an issue with the handsets given away @ the i/o.

im thinking no one will know until someone has a retail version in hand.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes this is a HUGE issue. I experienced this as well when I was able to handle a unit at Radio Shack. It gets random errors, unfortunately I didn't have time to play with it enough, but it really was a smack in the face. What worries me even more, the manager said he replaced the card with his own and its still getting errors. Here's the sick part:

If this is a software issue, great, hopefully a fix will be soon.
If this is a hardware issue, we are all screwed. We'll have to probably get refurb or hopefully a new unit down the road.
IMHO Changing the card isn't going to help.

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
it was resolved by you getting a free phone and the rest of us paying for it got the fixed ones. :cool:

LOL. Good one dude. I was soooo damn close to pulling the trigger on an bay EVO. AHHHHH! Was so hard. What kept me away was this exact reason.
"What if there are issues with these initial devices". Glad I waited regardless. if my Friday EVO has an issue than I can go back to RS and deal. Good luck getting that ebay user to give you a credit/exchange on his phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463