I vaguely remember reading somewhere that completely draining the battery on first use will help extend battery life. Anyone planning on doing this?
    06-02-2010 01:30 PM
    I saw on another forum that this doesn't matter with the Li-On battery in the Evo. Is this correct? I hope it is, I always forget to do this!
    06-02-2010 01:46 PM
    I saw on another forum that this doesn't matter with the Li-On battery in the Evo. Is this correct? I hope it is, I always forget to do this!
    with newer batteries this is not necessary. Li-on batteries dont need to be drained fully before use.
    06-02-2010 01:48 PM
    I don't know the correct answer to this but I will probably do it. I figure I will be playing on it so much that I will probably completely drain the battery anyways.
    06-02-2010 01:48 PM
    This is correct.. Li-Ion batteries don't have a memory like some of the other ones, so you can't really 'condition' it.
    06-02-2010 01:52 PM
    Don't store it in a hot place and try not to store it at 100% charge, those are the biggest reasons that batteries die early.
    06-02-2010 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD