Attention Sprint Store/Telesales Shoppers

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Since i know a lot of you are going to the Sprint Store or ordering on the phone or online. One thing you want to check is if your account has a spending limit. If so you will most likely have to pay for the EVO upfront. Really depends on how much your spending limit it. If you currently owe a bill that counts towards your spending limit. Just thought i'd post this for all of you guys buying directly from Sprint.

NovaFox238

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Huh? So what do you mean, exactly? I have a $300 spending limit, but paid off my recent bill yesterday.. So.. Im still a little confused at what you mean about the spending limit. I already had planned on paying full price for it. (off-contract)

Question poped in mt head... would I be able to use "spending limit money towards the EVO, and pay the difference? (does spending limit just add onto the next bill?)

Guess doesnt help to not know what the spending limit is for... xD

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Well since you are paying for it upfront then you are ok. It is for those that want to charge the phone onto the account.
Since you have a Spending limit of 300 you wouldn't be able to charge the EVO on your account. Hope that's a little clearer lol

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Account Spending Limit = a spending ceiling that you have to watch to not get too high, whether it's charging phones/accessories to your account or not paying your bill on time.

Luckily, mine got removed a few years ago.

drits

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Man lots of confusion on the threads today.. if you have a spending limit at all whether its 200 dollars or 500 dollars.. you may NOT bill ANYTHING to your account, so be prepared to pay for the phone up front.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Man lots of confusion on the threads today.. if you have a spending limit at all whether its 200 dollars or 500 dollars.. you may NOT bill ANYTHING to your account, so be prepared to pay for the phone up front.

Really, My mother has billed a phone to the account and she has a spending limit.

drits

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Really, My mother has billed a phone to the account and she has a spending limit.
That is the official sprint policy.. now i can tell you in most of the systems it can be overridden with manager codes. So I am not saying its not possible I guess but most stores are following this policy strictly.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

That is SIMPLY NOT true ... I have billed my phone on my account the last 4 years with 6 different phones via Sprint store bought AND Telesales ... Mind you ... I have been with Sprint for 11yrs so that may be the difference.

Last edited:

drits

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That is NOT true ... I have billed my phone on my account the last 4 years with 6 different phones ... Mind you ... I have been with Sprint for 11yrs so that may be the difference.
then you don't have a spending limit. I write sprint policy for stores so I def know what going on.... if you have been with sprint for 11 years then your spending limit if you ever even had one is gone.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
then you don't have a spending limit. I write sprint policy for stores so I def know what going on.... if you have been with sprint for 11 years then your spending limit if you ever even had one is gone.

Well ... HELL YEAH for Loyalty ... or being scared to move to another carrier ... lol

drits

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Well ... HELL YEAH for Loyalty ... or being scared to move to another carrier ... lol
Yah well with all this news about ATT raising their early term fees for smartphones and putting a cap on data use. I would be scared too!!! Its crazy out there! Haha

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yah well with all this news about ATT raising their early term fees for smartphones and putting a cap on data use. I would be scared too!!! Its crazy out there! Haha

EVERY Carrier has their issues ... I stay put cuz I know what Sprint's issues are and I can 9 times out of 10 find my way through them to my satisfaction. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC