Hi all,
    I am new here but been reading all about the EVO. I have been a Palm fan for 5 years, buying most of their devices, and used my 2 years upgrade to get my Pre last February. I was very much hoping more for the Pre and really bought it to support Palm and because I believe in them.
    Today, I don't think I can keep going this way. I had already spent 2 crappy years with my centro, I don't want to do the same again.

Anyway, the EVO is really talking to me now, but there is no way I will spend the full price on it and I am not up for upgrade.
    Here is my question. My account at Sprint also has my wife, and she is up for the 2 years upgrade price. Could I get the EVO through her upgrade and then activate the phone on my number?

Thanks, Ben
    06-02-2010 02:41 PM
    Hi all,
    I am new here but been reading all about the EVO. I have been a Palm fan for 5 years, buying most of their devices, and used my 2 years upgrade to get my Pre last February. I was very much hoping more for the Pre and really bought it to support Palm and because I believe in them.
    Today, I don't think I can keep going this way. I had already spent 2 crappy years with my centro, I don't want to do the same again.

Anyway, the EVO is really talking to me now, but there is no way I will spend the full price on it and I am not up for upgrade.
    Here is my question. My account at Sprint also has my wife, and she is up for the 2 years upgrade price. Could I get the EVO through her upgrade and then activate the phone on my number?

Thanks, Ben
    Yes.
    06-02-2010 02:43 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks, Ben
    Yes you can do that.. if you purchase anywhere that has a mail in rebate associated then you need to leave it active on her number for 30 days so the mail in rebate will process then feel free to move it to your number. if not just go to a retailer that doesnt have mail in rebates on the device and you can switch it pretty much right away
    06-02-2010 02:44 PM
    Cool, awesome.
    Glad my wife likes her Blackberry
    06-02-2010 02:46 PM
    Well, I have $20 in reward zone certs that I am using. $50 in mail in rebate cards from other things I bought. So that is $70 off for me. I still need to get more off so my wife does not know how much I really spent on this thing, LOL. I was considering standing along East Colfax (Yes South Park fans, it does exist) but I could not find an open spot.
    06-02-2010 05:33 PM
    You should be able to get it for $200 under your wife's upgrade and if you have $70 off then it's only $130. If your Pre is in good condition you can probably get at least $100 for it, so in effect you would only be paying $30
    06-02-2010 05:44 PM
    Call Sprint and have them transfer that upgrade to your line. Then you don't have to worry about switching phones/lines later. BTW if you are premier you master line should have a full upgrade yearly if that isn't your wifes line and you are a pre launch owner you might want to check that out.
    06-02-2010 08:06 PM
    i sold my pre for 200 dollars 2 days ago (craigslist)
    06-02-2010 08:13 PM
    If I can have Sprint transfer that to my line this is great. Are you sure about this?

I am a premier customer but only since a few months, even so I have been a customer for five years. I complained about this in January but they could not make me directly a premier customer wit upgrade available.

I got my Pre in February, so I have to wait...

I already checked the price Sprint gives for the Pre, $63, so I might try to sell it online with my 2 touchstone.

Thanks all, Ben
    06-02-2010 08:15 PM
    I really want this phone but I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a couple mths. Can I use my friends upgrade price, purchase phone through her account and then transfer over to my account? Then allow her to use my upgrade in a couple mths?
    06-03-2010 05:23 AM
    i sold my pre for 200 dollars 2 days ago (craigslist)
    Somebody took it for that much? Was it just the Pre? Or did you sell it with an extra battery/touchstone/the works?
    06-03-2010 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD