The Hunt is On... and It's Getting Ridiculous

ToothVore

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I called around 15 bb's and rs's today all sold out finally I found a rs that said that if I get there at 6am I will get there. Which means ill be there at 5 am. Then be to work by 8 am. Work will suck on friday

kindaskimpy

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about not having a pre-order. Just go to a Sprint store on launch day (at opening if you can, no need to camp, though) and you'd be guaranteed an EVO without any hassle.

Plus, you won't have to shell out anything, as you'll be able to bill to your account (unless you have a really low spending limit).

I don't have a spending limit so I can have it billed to my account... I'd just thought I'd put some cash back into the economy lol Meh. I'll have it billed and give my boyfriend a hearty scare when he sees the bill at the end of the month. I can practically hear him now... "Arik James! What is the meaning of this?!?" LOLz

Walmart Rolls Back the Rebate on the EVO 4G | Android Phone Fans

Here is a link to that article I mentioned earlier.

Thank you very much. I hadn't even considered Walmart! I checked on their website [ HTC? EVO™ 4G with Google™ (Sprint) | LetsTalk.com ] and it is indeed going to be on sale at Walmart for $199.99 after INSTANT rebates (hear that, Sprint? INSTANT!). I just found it funny that in the specs on Walmart's site, it lists the EVO as having VZW Navigator! heehee

Organization & Tools

Turn by Turn Navigation VZW Navigator available from carrier for monthly fee
Screen Size 3.7
Display 4.3” 480 x 800 WVGA OLED Touch

And it lists the screen as being 3.7 inches and OLED. Hm... did somebody feel a little lazy and just copy and paste from the Droid Incredible page? I think so!

I called around 15 bb's and rs's today all sold out finally I found a rs that said that if I get there at 6am I will get there. Which means ill be there at 5 am. Then be to work by 8 am. Work will suck on friday

What are you talking about?! Work is going to be awesome on Friday! Phone envy!!!

Last edited:

bvcastle

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Another possibility
The local Sam's Club, ran by RS, will have the EVO on Friday. I pre-ordered mine the first day you could, which seems like months ago now. They called today and said I could pick it up at 7:00 am on Friday.

kandekilla

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to cause any waves, but why didn't you pre-order?

I know around me, PreOrders got stopped pretty quick. Guy at radio shack even showed me the email they were sent saying to stop preorders on the EVO. Though i called today and they are officially opening at 9am with instructions to show up at 6am and if anyone is waiting outside to let them in early to buy the Evo. So at least i should have to be late to work now to get my Evo.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
all i can say is the o.p. should have been prepared. just decided to get it yesterday or what? jeeze its no ones fault but theirs if they dont get one on release day....

kindaskimpy

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
all i can say is the o.p. should have been prepared. just decided to get it yesterday or what? jeeze its no ones fault but theirs if they dont get one on release day....

While I appreciate not only your opinion but also your overwhelming sympathy and concern, rest assured, I'll have one come Friday morning. :)

kindaskimpy

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I heard back from RadioShack this morning. This was their response:

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

Please provide me with the RadioShack store location where this incident took place (address, including city, state and zip code).

I apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received from the RadioShack store.
We appreciate your input and will forward your concern to the district office responsible for this store location.

Thank you,
Oscar
Customer Escalation Team

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae