Help with HDMI out.

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've been looking all over the net for an answer to my predicament. I just bought a micro hdmi cable, I plug it into my evo and the hdmi notification shows up in the top left corner of the phone and my tv recognizes it as a 720p source. Problem is that when I play a slide show , video I recorded , or youtube nothing shows on the tv.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem? I'm beginning to think it's the cable.

P.s. I am rooted and have had the same problem on two different roms.
Thanks.

teejmac

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok I've been looking all over the net for an answer to my predicament. I just bought a micro hdmi cable, I plug it into my evo and the hdmi notification shows up in the top left corner of the phone and my tv recognizes it as a 720p source. Problem is that when I play a slide show , video I recorded , or youtube nothing shows on the tv.

Does anyone have a fix for this problem? I'm beginning to think it's the cable.

P.s. I am rooted and have had the same problem on two different roms.
Thanks.

I am not trying to insult your intellegence but you are changing the television to the correct input source so it can read your evo?

I haven't seen heard or seen this problem before. If you have access to another cable, try a different cable. And it may have something to do with your device being rooted.

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
lol yeah, Im putting it on the right source.

Gonna try a new cable. Just think it's weird everything else is working about it except the part of actual outputting lol.

Moose24

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, running evodeck 1.3 stable (2.3.7). I can't get any kind of pic to show on the tv. The screen changes when I connect the cable but just black screen, no display. I have no notification on the evo screen either. I get no display with anything I try (slideshow, youtube, video, etc). Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

moritzes

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
HDMwIn works great with CM7, but doesn't work with Sense ROMs, as far as I know. So that's a limitation.

I can't get a picture on my HDMI port with Sprint Lovers.

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci