evo commercial

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
YouTube - Sprint - HTC EVO 4G Firsts

Bam!

Great commercial!.. Better than the "creepy girl" Pre ads.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ... That's just as much a crap commerscial as the creepy girl ... I REALLY do NOT understand Sprints marketing scheme ... They never come out blazing their weapons ... They NEVER show what the phones can do in the real world and they NEVER cross market ... They show a crappy stoneage commercial that anyone of us could have put togetherWith the same ol boring elevator music ... ABSOLUTELY NO excitement what-so-ever ... I have NEVER understood this ... Ask all of yourselves this ... If Sprint and HTC would have come to YOU to make a commercial ... What would you pitch ... But thats just my opinion ... lol;)

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
whoever is in charge of sprint's individual phone marketing should be fired!

1. The pre commercials that didn't showcase the main features of the phone. The ability to multitask with the card system and the physical keyboard. The failure of the pre(yes i said failure) is just as much to blame on subpar hardware as it is on dreadful marketing.

2. Let's look at those droid commercials. The early ones, if i remember correctly, didn't even let the consumer know it was a phone. They were very intriguing. And once they let us know it was a phone they concentrated on what the phone could do. Great marketing.

3. And now we have the evo commercial. We see great moments in evolution for technology and it culminates in the evo. And the evo is the next step because... No answer. Wtf! Sprint. Show video chat!. Or better yet. . .

do a quick montage of a soccer mom using sprint navigation to get to the soccer game while calling somebody to tell them to bring drinks. Then at the soccer game show dad videoing it on the phone while the grandparents are at home watching via qik. Then on the drive home big sister sends a quick text letting everybody know you are celebrating winning the big game in 20 minutes at your house(using swype to type). Then she quickly uploads a picture of little brother to facebook to share with all of her friends. Then at home connecting the phone to the hdtv showing highlights of the game with the evo resting on its kickstand by the tv. Now that's a concept that we as americans can embrace and would want to buy into!

hell yeah preach it preacher !!!

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Cool for us tech geeks.

But, for the average consumer they will have no more idea why they should buy an EVO after this ad than they did before.

Just what I think. They need to tout the specs. Otherwise the average people will interpret this as a new Instinct model or something.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just what I think. They need to tout the specs. Otherwise the average people will interpret this as a new Instinct model or something.

Specs are just for us geeks that need no introduction to the phone to begin with. Real life application is what gets the general public. That and the "My whatever" is bigger, faster, shinier, newer, or more expensive than your whatever." In this case phones. Here is another idea of my own that I am borrowing from Gatorade or Nike, I can't remember which. :p

In the background have the Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better song playing. Then showcase the EVO against other popular SmartPhones outperforming them in the various tasks that it beats them at. :cool:

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Specs are just for us geeks that need no introduction to the phone to begin with. Real life application is what gets the general public. That and the "My whatever" is bigger, faster, shinier, newer, or more expensive than your whatever." In this case phones. Here is another idea of my own that I am borrowing from Gatorade or Nike, I can't remember which. :p

In the background have the Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better song playing. Then showcase the EVO against other popular SmartPhones outperforming them in the various tasks that it beats them at. :cool:

Hear ... Hear ... Can YOU PLEASE apply for the job ... PLEASE

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll get my kids and family together over the weekend and make some EVO commercials. Then I can post them to Sprint's FaceBook wall!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Whoever is in charge of Sprint's individual phone marketing should be fired!

1. The Pre commercials that didn't showcase the main features of the phone. The ability to multitask with the card system and the physical keyboard. The failure of the Pre(yes I said failure) is just as much to blame on subpar hardware as it is on dreadful marketing.

2. Let's look at those Droid commercials. The early ones, if I remember correctly, didn't even let the consumer know it was a phone. THey were very intriguing. And once they let us know it was a phone they concentrated on what the phone could do. Great marketing.

3. And now we have the Evo commercial. We see great moments in evolution for technology and it culminates in the Evo. And the Evo is the next step because... No answer. WTF! Sprint. Show video chat!. Or better yet. . .

Do a quick montage of a soccer mom using Sprint Navigation to get to the soccer game while calling somebody to tell them to bring drinks. Then at the soccer game show dad videoing it on the phone while the grandparents are at home watching via Qik. Then on the drive home big sister sends a quick text letting everybody know you are celebrating winning the big game in 20 minutes at your house(using Swype to type). Then she quickly uploads a picture of little brother to Facebook to share with all of her friends. Then at home connecting the phone to the HDTV showing highlights of the game with the EVO resting on its kickstand by the TV. Now that's a concept that we as Americans can embrace and would want to buy into!

You can't just squeeze it all into one commercial. I am sure that one is the teaser and that there is more to come!

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Now THAT would sell phones! My wife would make me give her my upgrade if she saw that ad!

You are hired...s***, I don't work for Sprint but if I did you would be hired :)

Do a quick montage of a soccer mom using Sprint Navigation to get to the soccer game while calling somebody to tell them to bring drinks. Then at the soccer game show dad videoing it on the phone while the grandparents are at home watching via Qik. Then on the drive home big sister sends a quick text letting everybody know you are celebrating winning the big game in 20 minutes at your house(using Swype to type). Then she quickly uploads a picture of little brother to Facebook to share with all of her friends. Then at home connecting the phone to the HDTV showing highlights of the game with the EVO resting on its kickstand by the TV. Now that's a concept that we as Americans can embrace and would want to buy into!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll get my kids and family together over the weekend and make some EVO commercials. Then I can post them to Sprint's FaceBook wall!

Can you PLEASE make the Vids ... Sprint must have some 70 year olds Quakers ( not that there are anything wrong with Quakers ) running the marketing department ... ALL THEIR COMMERCIALS SUCK ... Stay away Dan Hesse ... I like HTC Ads WAY more .

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, good for a first ad. It does well what it was designed to do, which is introduce the product (and call 4G the next step in the evolution of cell-phone networks). Did anyone at first think the original Droid "iDon't" ads were brilliant? Well apparently in retrospect they were, as Verizon keeps pumping out the robotic Droid theme.

Alchematron

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Should have used the theme and music of the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey

Moon eclipses apple shaped sun

Black Monolith Stone floating in space

Morphs into EVO

Rapid fire images of features

4G Speed

4.3" Screen

Voice Chat

Hotspot

Adobe Flash

Now were talking deep impact!

Last edited:

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Not as cool as the Verizon Droid's/ Incredibles but I think their really aiming to take AT&T and the Iphone out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol