Just happen to visit one of our RS stores and asked if I could order an EVO. The salesperson said that all the pre-orders were filled and I may want to come in early and see if any were left. One of the other sales folks overheard us and he said they had a few held out for people just coming in off the street. I asked him if he could hold it for me until Friday. He was a little hesitant, I told him I would give him some cash to hold it. He finally said if I was really, really sure I was going to buy it. I assured him I would really, really be there Friday. So, I feel very lucky and am grateful to the sales staff for their help. I am coming from Verizon to Sprint so I hope I'm making the right choice.
    06-02-2010 08:16 PM
    If you're in a good Sprint area, you're making the ONLY right choice! Sprint FTMFW!

Did you land up given the guy a deposit of some sort? I hope there is a Evo waiting for you friday morning! I got 2 on pre order!
    06-02-2010 08:21 PM
    Good luck. and as for Sprint, i'm in NYC and have no complaints, and 3g is almost on another level when compared to iphone's 3G.
    06-02-2010 09:53 PM
    Hey Manny -

So good to see you here too! LOL I could swear you're name is in every forum I've popped in and out of. I'm finally saying bye bye to the Pre on Friday but it's going to a good home - my brother who hasn't upgraded his phone since Clinton was still president
    06-02-2010 11:29 PM
    Manny, I did not have to give any deposit, just my word. So I'm starting to really get excited about this phone. I went back to the Verizon store yesterday and took another look at the Incredible and it seemed so small to me after playing with the EVO. Going to start looking for some cases and a few extras for my new toy.
    06-03-2010 08:47 AM
    Cary, good seeing you to! Welcome to the phone platform with a future, LOL. My Pre will just sit in a box until needed for an emergency.

Yeah, accessory shopping, what a chore!
    06-03-2010 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD