Syncing issues/won't sync contacts to Facebook

tbizzy1985

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not a huge deal, more of an annoyance but a few days ago all my synced contacts with Facebook/Gmail got cleared out. All of the Avatar pictures that should be next to people in my Contacts are blank. Now when I go to Link them back to Facebook it won't let me.

Am I missing something or can you not do that anymore?

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Facebook sync is broken, not sure if its a bug or intentional, but i recommend Friendcaster as a solution. Better app all around and working sync.

Reactions: biglaw08

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
using an Atrix. My twitter contacts override my FB contacts for profile pictures and such, and after i go and unsync twitter, all the twitter items still remain. It irretates me that sync in turned on by default for the twitter app. at least FB asks duirng setup if you would like to sync.

Miaconley

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
After calling customer service and idiot was no help, I figured it out on my own. What I did was
go to settings click on Accounts& sync
Look for the facebook account and removed it
Click on add account and click on facebook for HTC Sense
Added my account info
It then synced with a few contacts
Go back to settings click on Accounts& sync
Add account and click on Facebook
It then synced the rest of the contacts profile pictures
And no I don't have each person in my phone, just the ones I had previously had in my phones contact list
Hope this helps

hruehl

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha and thanks, checking out friendcaster now.

Ok, I am trying the free version of Friendster, however, I have one friend that IS a friend of mine on FB. She is not showing up in Friendster. What's up with FB? Is there a setting in privacy settings that will prevent one from showing up on Friendster or any other app attached to Facebook? This is the weirdest thing. Any advice?

TreyTCU

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC Amaze. When I go into Accounts & Sync and click Add Account, I don't see an option to add Facebook for HTC Sense (I do, however, see one for Twitter for HTC Sense). I also see the regular Facebook option. How do I add Facebook for HTC Sense as an account if I can't see it as an option? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Trey

CheriePie

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
FYI there's no longer a separate "Facebook for HTC Sense" since Sense 3.5+. It now uses the standard Facebook interface that's installed with the Facebook app. So it's right that you will only see one Facebook listed in your accounts if your phone is running Sense version 3.5 or 4.0.