all i can say is WOW...

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
got to play with the phone for two hours today while at a sprint training. i kept getting distracted and didn't know what they were covering because i was playing with the phone.

this is my impression as i didn't have it long enough for a review.

runs SUPER smooth. 3G speeds are awesome because data speed isn't bottlenecked by the processor. super smooth scrolling on the web. did a fring call and it was cool, except the calls kept ending.

typing is awesome on the full sized keyboard and i hooked the sprint rep up with swype. she loved it!

to me it has the interface of the iphone, but since it can be customized more it will be a winner. add to it AT&Ts data charge increase and sprint is positioned to be a winner!

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
How did you "hook up" the rep with swype? I have the swype .apk. Can i simply place it in my memory card and install it using a file manager?

Carioca_FL

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, I read up on the swype... are there any user guides/tips for it?

/edit: notice how I conveniently ignored the OP for being the lucky bastard that he is. :D

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
How did you "hook up" the rep with swype? I have the swype .apk. Can i simply place it in my memory card and install it using a file manager?

they didn't know about it so i d/l the app from xda-developers and installed it.

place on memory card and go to app store and get "appinstall" - free. run appinstall and it will show you apk files on the card.

be sure to go to settings>security> and check "allow 3rd party apps"

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
they didn't know about it so i d/l the app from xda-developers and installed it.

place on memory card and go to app store and get "appinstall" - free. run appinstall and it will show you apk files on the card.

be sure to go to settings>security> and check "allow 3rd party apps"

so would you be kind enough to give those of us who haven't ever used the xda developer site and all of the above mentioned a step by step process for doing this and getting swype on our new Evos? My thank button is ready!!

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
nope... go here Swype for the EVO? - xda-developers

its in the 3rd post. put that fil on your memory card. then go to android market and install "appinstaller". then go to settings>privacy and click "allow 3rd party apps" then run the "appinstaller program". it will find the .apk on your memory card. click on the apk.

THEN go to settings>languages and keyboards and click on swype. whenever you are in an app that you have to type in press and hold in the input area, you will then have a choice of keyboards.

sounds like a pain, but it really is easy

when i get my (err... my wife's - her touch diamond is acting up and she is eligible for an upgrade :( for me) EVO friday i will post a video on youtube of how to do it.

Last edited:

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using ShapeWriter (because it's available for the iPod touch) and practicing - I am totally in love with it. Anyone know the differences between Swype and ShapeWriter?

DrAndroid

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Please help...Swype loads but nothing on keyboard

Hi, it's been a tough day. I got to the RS store at 6. They couldn't get my phone activated because of Sprint. I've been on the phone with Sprint ALL day. After 9 hours they got the phone working but no internet over 3g.
I was hoping to have Swype working but it's not. Did I miss a step. It shows that it's installed but there is no logo on the keyboard.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax