Solution To The SD Card Issue

showmrock

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The EVO has been reported having MicroSDHC problems with the shipped 8gb card. These problems include: data corruption and the the inability to write data (pictures/vid). I would be pretty upset if the release of the EVO backfires on HTC, Google, and Sprint so lets figure this out.

Let's break it down....what solutions work for sure? Let's let this be the guide line: IF YOU HAD THE PROBLEM, ATTEMPTED TO FIX IT, AND IT HAS NOT SHOWN ANY SIGNS OF ERROR AFTER 48 HOURS OF USAGE

Please post in this format:

Ex.

SOLUTION: Write in solution clearly and how long it has been stable for

Last edited:

forceOnature

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been able to avoid the error by using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option on my Vista pc whenever disconnecting the USB cable from my phone after mounting the SD card. I've not had any issues now for 72 hours.

I've actually reproduced the problem on my phone by not following this procedure.

paga912

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is…the problem might be that ppl are not unseating the card properly and once it happen, there is an re-occuring problem. I say that because I started hearing that problem a lil bit after everyone had the phone but from specific ppl. Obviously its not going on with everyones evo but we will see i guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC