Do I need a Gmail account to use the Evo?

PurpleGuitar

May 18, 2010
Visit site
(Apologies if this is answered elsewhere; I searched but didn't find anything.)

I already have a Google login, but I don't have a Gmail account. Will I need a Gmail account to use my Evo, or will a Google login with a different email be OK? I heard that you have to have a Gmail account to get things set up, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Does anyone know the answer? Thanks.

crackerstyle

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When Best Buy called me, they asked me if I had a gmail account and told me to make sure I knew the login information, so I'm guessing yes.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, because that's what they use for contacts, as a troubleshooting method. I needed one for my Samsung Moment, so it seems standard, because of the whole Google Android thing.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
(Apologies if this is answered elsewhere; I searched but didn't find anything.)

I already have a Google login, but I don't have a Gmail account. Will I need a Gmail account to use my Evo, or will a Google login with a different email be OK? I heard that you have to have a Gmail account to get things set up, but I'm not convinced that's true.

Does anyone know the answer? Thanks.

I believe if you have a google login you have a Gmail. To access the android market you will need to sign in with your google login. I think you should be ok.

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If you dont have one make one now and import your contact and calender events. Yo have plenty of time to do it..less than 24 hours

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
If you dont want to take the time going to the site and setting one up just PM ur email address and I will send you an invite. (i am bored at work).

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
On the Setup Screen you should have an option to create a new account if needed... atleast thats how it was on my G1

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
You can also use a Google Apps account. That's basically a hosted Gmail, meaning you can have "you at yourdomain dot com" as your email, but hosted on Google's mail servers. I have an account like that and it works fine for Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax