Anyone have family account getting 2+ Evos?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone else who has two people on the same account wanting to get the Evo?
Both my dad and I got the Pre and want the Evo.

However, only one line gets the $150 off with the $100 rebate?
Some CS guy told me that I would get the Evo for $280... however someone else told me that I don't get the $100 rebate.

So anyone else getting 2+ Evos?
How will you do it?
We're planning on going to Sprint/BB and try to get both phones for $200, and then settling for $270 for one and $200 for the other.

I can't imagine paying the whole price.

Edit: And to top all the contradictions off, BB mobile said that my whole family is eligible for an upgrade. I best just go to them then, right?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For each new line you should get the new line price, if each new line is eligible for an upgrade then you get the upgrade price. The rebate is based on the UPC and staying a customer for a certain amount of time. It shouldn't matter that it's an EVO, I hope they treat you right, it sounds like the guy didn't know what was up 100% or one of the lines isn't yet eligible for a 2 year upgrade.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
For each new line you should get the new line price, if each new line is eligible for an upgrade then you get the upgrade price. The rebate is based on the UPC and staying a customer for a certain amount of time. It shouldn't matter that it's an EVO, I hope they treat you right, it sounds like the guy didn't know what was up 100% or one of the lines isn't yet eligible for a 2 year upgrade.

Technically, it isn't eligible because I bought the Pre just a year ago.
But thanks for the clear-up on the rebate issue. We've been Sprint customers for like 10+ years. So I'll definitely get it for $275, but will need to work on a Sprint Rep to hopefully take the last $75 off, heh.

Guess no one else has a family line with a family that wants the Evo, haha.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 lines, though one wont be getting an Evo, but both lines show available for a 150$ rebate. and I know its not the same rebate being shared, because one phone showed earlier than the other one.

chowder

May 25, 2010
Visit site
my number qualifies for the $199 price.my wife has until october until eligible so we are going to add a new line and buy the EVO and cancel her line and pay the $60 etf.she will lose her number but shes not worried about that

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am biting the bullet and adding a third line so we'll have two eligible lines for the Evo. The extra line will be given to my in-laws who currently don't know how to use a cell phone. I get a 25% corporate discount, so it will only cost me $15 per month for the extra line. In my opinion, absolutely worth getting this phone for my wife and I considering we have a 4 week old baby (our first!) and I want to be able to see and hear as much of him as possible! This phone is perfect timing, if anything.

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
We have two lines on a family plan and will be picking up 2 Evos tomorrow.

Mine is a Pre purchased on 6/6 last year - my wife's is an Instinct that is long overdue. She's the "add-on" line and hit her 2 year mark in April of this year.

I *believe* that entitles us to two upgrades. My line - the Premier line is 1 year old (shy by 2 days, but believe their site says it takes effect day 1 of your month), and her's is 2 years.

So that's $200 each (after rebate), right??

Edit: I went ahead and logged into Sprint.com and sure enough, both phones are tagged with a "Save $150 on a new phone now" icon. Sweet! :)

Now... about getting up at 3AM and waiting in line...

Last edited:

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Getting 3

Wife - "The Premier Customer" Upgrade eligible & leaving crackberry

Me - "Paying full price" because 75$ off to give up 1 year isnt worth it & leaving Pre

Daughter - "Using 1 yr upgrade to get 75$ off" because shes poor! & leaving Pre.

We are gonna have to get some different skin colors or something, with 3 EVO's lying around at any given time.

CANT FREAKIN WAIT MUCH LONGER! Sold Pre 8 days ago and been without a smart phone for too long.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
We have 2 out of our 4 lines eligible for the upgrade. We will be getting two Evos and moving them over to the lines that are not eligible.

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys switching from Pre's and aren't eligible because of being on a family plan, you can just use the $75 discount and sell the Pre on Craigslist or something to cover some of the cost. I'm actually eligible anyways but I'm gonna sell my Pre to recoup some of the cost of the EVO. Just throwing that out there.

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Looking at going from 2 iPhones to 2 Evos on Sun or Mon. Still wavering on going with Sprint. If I cant do it, it will be 2 Incredibles as soon as they arrive.

Hmbre97

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought if you're a Premier account holder, only the primary line is eligible for an upgrade after a year?

We will eventually have 2 Evo's on our account. My mom is currently with Verizon and up for renewal soon. We're just going to add a line for her and she says she wants an Evo. She had planned on getting the Incredible anyway so not much difference other than size. Plus she'll save a good bit of money each month.

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from AT&T. 5 lines 5 Evos

If you put those 5 lines under a business account (need to have a business) They will give you an extra $100.00 per line that you switch over. That would be $500.00 in your case so check with a sprint business rep and see if it's still available. I know someone that is doing this tomorrow and they were given this credit for switching. I switched from sprint 2 years ago from at&t and I like sprint better hands down. Cheaper monthly charge and great service where I am in Florida.

shibumi

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
You guys switching from Pre's and aren't eligible because of being on a family plan, you can just use the $75 discount and sell the Pre on Craigslist or something to cover some of the cost.

OT, but, what are Pre's going for these days resale?? I was going to just see how much Sprint would give me for it (they were offering $50 for an old Instinct) - but if I can get more on CL that would be great!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I guess I'm eligible for an "early upgrade" ... not a "full upgrade".

This really sucks.

The thing is... when we get $75 off... it doesn't include the rebate apparently. So the price would be $375... WKEJT;AKJEF;KLj?
Not $275.... I would buy the phone for that.

I might sell my Pre on some online website. How much do they go for? I see that used ones go for $140 on Ebay... that seems odd.
Sprint will buy it back for $63... ugh...

Last edited:

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wife - "The Premier Customer" Upgrade eligible & leaving crackberry

Me - "Paying full price" because 75$ off to give up 1 year isnt worth it & leaving Pre

Daughter - "Using 1 yr upgrade to get 75$ off" because shes poor! & leaving Pre.

We are gonna have to get some different skin colors or something, with 3 EVO's lying around at any given time.

CANT FREAKIN WAIT MUCH LONGER! Sold Pre 8 days ago and been without a smart phone for too long.

lol, I sold my Pre on ebay earlier this week but in item description I put, "will ship once I pickup my HTC EVO 4G on 6/4", so I'll be shipping my Pre out Saturday morning...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49