Watched the Evo's Arrive at Local Best Buy

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
While I was buying my daughter an HTC Hero (she wanted it instead of the larger Evo and she didn't/couldn't wait), I watched the shipment of Evo's arrive at our local Best Buy. The girl working in the Best Buy Mobile who was helping us got excited and quickly activated their in-store phone for demo use and let me, my son, and my daughter play with it.

After playing with the Evo in the store for a few minutes, it became very clear to me and the two Best Buy employees that this phone really is amazing. The download speeds for the browser were amazingly fast, and the phone just felt smooth as glass. The male employee said that screen didn't impress him as much as he thought it would due to its resolution, but the female employee said, "Dude, are you kidding me? Look at the SIZE of that thing!" Who said the ladies didn't care about the size of the tool. ;)

The clerk was happy because not only does she love the Evo, but is glad that she could rest easy knowing that they have all their phones (and bluetooth headsets) in-stock and ready-to-go for tomorrow. She told me that they had only a few additional phones beyond the pre-sale Evo's in stock to cover any defective phones, and none available for walk-in's. That's only about 40 phones or so.

I can't wait to get mine tomorrow. I was playing with my daughter's Hero with Android 2.1 on it, and it's just making me want to get my phone even more.

16 hours and counting. It's going to be a long night. Maybe I should drink some Zaya and pass out, then wake up late. hehe.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. it's shocking that your daughter wanted a Hero over an EVO - especially this close to launch. it's shocking that you let her get it.

2. a hangover tomorrow morning would interfere with the enjoyment IMO.

dogcolorblue

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was fortunate enough to play with one today too. I was looking around for accessories and there was a lot of laughter and giddiness coming from a group of BB employees, so I looked over and saw the EVO! I was surprised that they let me see it because of all the secrecy around the phone, but when I put it in my hand there is no doubt in mind that I will get this phone! Its just a matter of time and money now...

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
1. it's shocking that your daughter wanted a Hero over an EVO - especially this close to launch. it's shocking that you let her get it.

2. a hangover tomorrow morning would interfere with the enjoyment IMO.

1. $29 vs $200. That was my main issue. Yes, she got her Hero for $29.

2. I decided against drinking and instead on reading everything I can about the Evo, Android, etc.

3. Her phone died and she needs it for work. I told her I could get her the Evo for her birthday in September, but that I don't just buy phones for her and her siblings that cost over $50 unless it's a special occasion. She went for the Hero now vs Evo later. She seems very happy so far and LOVES Android 2.1.

naddie

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The Hero is still a nice phone, honestly. I wanted one before the Nexus One came out. Not everyone care for the super large screen or 4G. I don't know if I'd like the size of the EVO. If the Incredible had 4G and did 720p video, and was on Sprint, I'd get that in a heartbeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair