So i talked to sprint...

dhMassacre

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I called the local sprint store with this question: "Will I be able to walk in and get an evo tomorrow from your store" - and they told me that they weren't getting a lot of them, and that they were pretty much reserved for new customers only. So they told me that at 7AM tomorrow morning, they were going to call in orders for a bunch of people who had already called, and that all the evo's would arrive monday, so people wouldn't have to worry about getting it.

So they also said that if I told them I wanted it, I would get a free accessory of my choice along with it. So they told me they would call me monday and that I could just walk in and get it, no problems, along with an accessory, or I could wait on the accessory.

I just thought I'd post this, just because, thats what forums are for. And I'm new here, coming from a pre, so hi :) I'm only 15, but I've been doing some programming since about age 11, C++, C#, etc, so I don't know anything about android development buttttttt. Hi :)

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Just go to the store. They'll have many many Evo's. It's all about the "illusion" that they won't have any. Creates demand. You show up ready to buy one, they'll sell you one.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the neighborhood, kid, but I should warn you that I've got an edge at picking up girls because I've got a car. And I'm 42. :p

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
They cant reserve the phones for any specific TYPE of customer. If you are upgrading thats just as good as a new customer.

Sales rep gives you hell, goto manager. Manager gives you hell, find the district manager, and so on

dhMassacre

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't turn 16 till next march. But the evo caught my interest since announced in January. I'm always looking for something better, so hopefully this will keep me satisfied for another year. The 4G is honestly not a selling point for me at all, but the phone is amazing :)

I CANT WAIT.

dhMassacre

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I remember you from Precentral. You were only 14. You made a few patches. I actually recognized your post in the Evo 4G contest. I was scrolling through some entries and saw your name.

Yes, I was from precentral. I think I actually made the first GUI 3rd party app installer..then I let jason take over the project. But yeah, that was me. I also made the first 5x5/4x4 icon patch :)

Not trying to brag, just saying.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
18... and wish I could get my hands on it. I worry it's going to cost me the full price - $75.
Why do I pick summer classes over a job? I could have had the money to buy the phone... ugh.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I highly admire your geekiness, but on the flip side there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'd let my 15 year old have access to my Sprint account where he could walk into the store without me and buy a phone :)

PS.............I use that 4x4 patch on my Pre, it's awesome!

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I called the local sprint store with this question: "Will I be able to walk in and get an evo tomorrow from your store" - and they told me that they weren't getting a lot of them, and that they were pretty much reserved for new customers only. So they told me that at 7AM tomorrow morning, they were going to call in orders for a bunch of people who had already called, and that all the evo's would arrive monday, so people wouldn't have to worry about getting it.

So they also said that if I told them I wanted it, I would get a free accessory of my choice along with it. So they told me they would call me monday and that I could just walk in and get it, no problems, along with an accessory, or I could wait on the accessory.

I just thought I'd post this, just because, thats what forums are for. And I'm new here, coming from a pre, so hi :) I'm only 15, but I've been doing some programming since about age 11, C++, C#, etc, so I don't know anything about android development buttttttt. Hi :)

will you be developing anything for android as you did for palm and webOs

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
OMG.
You made one of the 4x4 patches? I've used all of them in my Pre lifetime.
Awesome stuff man. That was one of the patches that saved my life.

dhMassacre

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I highly admire your geekiness, but on the flip side there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'd let my 15 year old have access to my Sprint account where he could walk into the store without me and buy a phone :)

PS.............I use that 4x4 patch on my Pre, it's awesome!

Hah, I'm responsible. And although I love all everything tech... (I have dual touchscreen monitors, a 32" hd tv, and am signed up for a free year of the new onlive service) its just a hobby...you won't catch me in my room all day. And yeah, it says someone else made the 4x4's, even though I made the original one :/ But who cares about credit..

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I was from precentral. I think I actually made the first GUI 3rd party app installer..then I let jason take over the project. But yeah, that was me. I also made the first 5x5/4x4 icon patch :)

Not trying to brag, just saying.

You're going to make me cry. You're only 14 and you know how to code. I'm 19 and have tried and failed so many times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21