06-09-2010 10:03 PM
26 12
tools
    I called the local sprint store with this question: "Will I be able to walk in and get an evo tomorrow from your store" - and they told me that they weren't getting a lot of them, and that they were pretty much reserved for new customers only. So they told me that at 7AM tomorrow morning, they were going to call in orders for a bunch of people who had already called, and that all the evo's would arrive monday, so people wouldn't have to worry about getting it.

So they also said that if I told them I wanted it, I would get a free accessory of my choice along with it. So they told me they would call me monday and that I could just walk in and get it, no problems, along with an accessory, or I could wait on the accessory.

I just thought I'd post this, just because, thats what forums are for. And I'm new here, coming from a pre, so hi I'm only 15, but I've been doing some programming since about age 11, C++, C#, etc, so I don't know anything about android development buttttttt. Hi
    brandon bailey#AC likes this.
    06-03-2010 08:56 PM
    you take the cake for the youngest evo 4g user.
    06-03-2010 09:01 PM
    No doubt...you have an elevated mindset to have been programming since 11.

Good luck on your quest for the EVO!
    06-03-2010 09:04 PM
    Just go to the store. They'll have many many Evo's. It's all about the "illusion" that they won't have any. Creates demand. You show up ready to buy one, they'll sell you one.
    06-03-2010 09:09 PM
    Welcome to the neighborhood, kid, but I should warn you that I've got an edge at picking up girls because I've got a car. And I'm 42.
    06-03-2010 09:13 PM
    you take the cake for the youngest evo 4g user.
    I'm 15 also, turning 16 on July 1st.

Sooo, I guess young kids can still have a taste for technology.
    06-03-2010 09:15 PM
    They cant reserve the phones for any specific TYPE of customer. If you are upgrading thats just as good as a new customer.

Sales rep gives you hell, goto manager. Manager gives you hell, find the district manager, and so on
    06-03-2010 09:15 PM
    Welcome to the neighborhood, kid, but I should warn you that I've got an edge at picking up girls because I've got a car. And I'm 42.
    LOL!!!! You guys kill me on these forums! This is several times today I have laughed at a post
    06-03-2010 09:23 PM
    stuff
    I remember you from Precentral. You were only 14. You made a few patches. I actually recognized your post in the Evo 4G contest. I was scrolling through some entries and saw your name.
    06-03-2010 09:25 PM
    Yeah, I don't turn 16 till next march. But the evo caught my interest since announced in January. I'm always looking for something better, so hopefully this will keep me satisfied for another year. The 4G is honestly not a selling point for me at all, but the phone is amazing

I CANT WAIT.
    06-03-2010 09:28 PM
    I remember you from Precentral. You were only 14. You made a few patches. I actually recognized your post in the Evo 4G contest. I was scrolling through some entries and saw your name.
    Yes, I was from precentral. I think I actually made the first GUI 3rd party app installer..then I let jason take over the project. But yeah, that was me. I also made the first 5x5/4x4 icon patch

Not trying to brag, just saying.
    06-03-2010 09:30 PM
    18... and wish I could get my hands on it. I worry it's going to cost me the full price - $75.
    Why do I pick summer classes over a job? I could have had the money to buy the phone... ugh.
    06-03-2010 09:32 PM
    I highly admire your geekiness, but on the flip side there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'd let my 15 year old have access to my Sprint account where he could walk into the store without me and buy a phone

PS.............I use that 4x4 patch on my Pre, it's awesome!
    06-03-2010 09:33 PM
    yeah fellow teenager im 16 i was pre user but im getting evo for my bday
    06-03-2010 09:34 PM
    I called the local sprint store with this question: "Will I be able to walk in and get an evo tomorrow from your store" - and they told me that they weren't getting a lot of them, and that they were pretty much reserved for new customers only. So they told me that at 7AM tomorrow morning, they were going to call in orders for a bunch of people who had already called, and that all the evo's would arrive monday, so people wouldn't have to worry about getting it.

So they also said that if I told them I wanted it, I would get a free accessory of my choice along with it. So they told me they would call me monday and that I could just walk in and get it, no problems, along with an accessory, or I could wait on the accessory.

I just thought I'd post this, just because, thats what forums are for. And I'm new here, coming from a pre, so hi I'm only 15, but I've been doing some programming since about age 11, C++, C#, etc, so I don't know anything about android development buttttttt. Hi
    will you be developing anything for android as you did for palm and webOs
    06-03-2010 09:37 PM
    OMG.
    You made one of the 4x4 patches? I've used all of them in my Pre lifetime.
    Awesome stuff man. That was one of the patches that saved my life.
    06-03-2010 09:38 PM
    I highly admire your geekiness, but on the flip side there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'd let my 15 year old have access to my Sprint account where he could walk into the store without me and buy a phone

PS.............I use that 4x4 patch on my Pre, it's awesome!
    Hah, I'm responsible. And although I love all everything tech... (I have dual touchscreen monitors, a 32" hd tv, and am signed up for a free year of the new onlive service) its just a hobby...you won't catch me in my room all day. And yeah, it says someone else made the 4x4's, even though I made the original one :/ But who cares about credit..
    06-03-2010 09:38 PM
    will you be developing anything for android as you did for palm and webOs
    I know NOTHING about android development...I'll have to make friends here and have them clue me in
    06-03-2010 09:39 PM
    Yes, I was from precentral. I think I actually made the first GUI 3rd party app installer..then I let jason take over the project. But yeah, that was me. I also made the first 5x5/4x4 icon patch

Not trying to brag, just saying.
    You're going to make me cry. You're only 14 and you know how to code. I'm 19 and have tried and failed so many times.
    06-03-2010 09:42 PM
    "So I talked to sprint..."
    06-03-2010 09:44 PM
    "So I talked to sprint..."
    Yesirrr, i did.
    06-03-2010 09:47 PM
    I talked to Verizon once. For no reason really. Just called them up one time and pretended I was a Verizon customer angry about something on my Pre Plus. Pretty funny actually.
    06-03-2010 10:18 PM
    I'm 12, just kidding lol
    06-03-2010 10:25 PM
    The sprint store in St. Louis told me it was strictly first come first serve. they weren't taking reservations or pre-orders or anything....good luck.
    06-03-2010 10:27 PM
    Yeah, I'd definitely show up b/c no way they are going to turn away someone with money right then and there. Oh and I'm sure they'll have plenty! The sprint store I'm getting my wife's EVO from said they are going the 1st come 1st serve route so I'll be there bright and early about 6:45ish!!
    06-03-2010 10:30 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD