Please help a n00b out! :(

icky_jk

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Please help! I'm a complete n00b and I honestly have very little idea what I'm doing...

Here's what's going on...

I have a HTC EVO 4G rooted through the revolutionary process

I was running cm7 with tiamat kernel and Amon-Ra recovery

However, rooting fixed everything except it caused some connectivity problems

After reading some forums I reasoned it was the ROM/Kernel combo causing this

So I've flashed several different ROMS while keeping the tiamat kernel

This only caused more problems. My HOME button has stopped working and I cannot receive phone calls. They now go straight to voice mail. I can make phone calls still however

I want to clear everything and start fresh. If I factory reset and clear SD card, will this cause more problems? (Will it unroot my phone, will it brick it, will I be able to still get into recovery and flash, or do I need to root all over again?)

My friend has a Thunderbolt rooted running cm7 with a separate kernel (imoseyon) and he has absolutely no issues. Battery life is incredible, so is his connection

I want that on my phone! But I kinda messed around so much without knowing what I'm doing I feel like I'm so far gone I'm screwed

I know there's some tech wizards on here. Please help!!!

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go over to xda developers.com and dowload this (full wipe.zip) just search it....Make a titantium backup if you have it...then save everything to a PC.....then in recovery partion your sd card (this should completely wipe everything except amnon ra)....reload your evo then reboot to recovery..full wipe 3 times Never hurts.. then run the full wipe zip....reflash your Rom....long process but want I did just yesterday to fix mine

Reactions: icky_jk

icky_jk

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I should note I'm the one with the Thunderbolt ;)

I actually posted this for a friend so he wouldn't have to feel like an idiot

I factory reset from Amon - Ra recovery and just re-flashed cm7 with google apps

He's back to square one. cm7 with tiamat and a bad connection. But hey, it's a start...

Anyone know how to fix just his radio? (I'm guessing that's the issue?)

Thanks for the help!!

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I factory reset from Amon - Ra recovery and just re-flashed cm7 with google apps

He's back to square one. cm7 with tiamat and a bad connection. But hey, it's a start...

Thanks for the help!!
Try flashing a stock rom and updating profile.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

xcpefrmreality

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the help!!

Just curious, did you wipe the dalvik cache, boot, system, and factory reset? Or just factory reset?
Edit...also, flash this after you wipe, before you flash the rom http://db.tt/wmwTW73y (vr_superwipe thanks to virus)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34