No Evo for me :(

misplacedhatred

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried my luck today at the sprint store, and they told me the same thing as the Customer Care rep told me.. could not move my upgrade date.. I must now wait one month until i can experience the evo goodness. oh well patience is a virtue, so patience i will have...

Prkl8r

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The limit that even Sprint retentions can do is 2 weeks. They were going to bump me a month up, because of an issue that the phone was not being sold in my state. Retentions said that even the option to bump people up 30 days no longer existed on their system. I will be there on the 17th or whenever. It sucks for sure, but I've been waiting since about Feb so a couple weeks isn't too big of a deal.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, I thought you could find some people who could still let you get the upgrade before... your date.

But I guess not.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The limit that even Sprint retentions can do is 2 weeks. They were going to bump me a month up, because of an issue that the phone was not being sold in my state. Retentions said that even the option to bump people up 30 days no longer existed on their system. I will be there on the 17th or whenever. It sucks for sure, but I've been waiting since about Feb so a couple weeks isn't too big of a deal.
Mine was due for July 1st they bumped it up to June 18th which isn't to bad I can deal.
It gives me more time to read about good & bad hopefully the bad not being famous HTC dust under screen curse.
Fingers crossed EVO has nothing to do with it.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I got royally screwed by Sprint. Opened an account last June to get a Pre, which was the only number and the primary number on the account. Added a second number in August to the account and Sprint made the second line the primary. I find this out in like the beginning of May. I call to have it switched back so my upgrade is ready in June and they tell me it'll take 3-4 billing cycles and there is nothing they can do? I have to wait till August they said to get the phone, I'm pretty pissed. They said it may come sooner but can't promise anything.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker wasn't eligible for an upgrade till July 1st also... called customer service and was told they could move it up 2 weeks but that was it so she would have to wait. I had her call back and ask what her ETF fee was... when they asked her why she wanted to leave she told them Verizon moved my upgrade up 2 months (which is true) so I could get the Incredible.. they put her on hold.. and she now has the Evo. This conversation was yesterday and she got the Evo today. So it's definitely possible... just have to try AND get kinda LUCKY!

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
a month would kill me i would be so jealous to see all the fellow nerds on their device :(

But... luckily i got my evo so you can be jealous of me :D JK!!

Evan

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I got royally screwed by Sprint. Opened an account last June to get a Pre, which was the only number and the primary number on the account. Added a second number in August to the account and Sprint made the second line the primary. I find this out in like the beginning of May. I call to have it switched back so my upgrade is ready in June and they tell me it'll take 3-4 billing cycles and there is nothing they can do? I have to wait till August they said to get the phone, I'm pretty pissed. They said it may come sooner but can't promise anything.
Even if everything was corrected, wouldn't you only be eligible for $75 off after 12 months? Maybe that's all you're looking for, but I believe you wouldn't be eligible for the full upgrade discount until 22 months unless you're a Sprint Premiere customer.

You could try calling the Retention department to see if they can sort it out for you. There's lot of info on that department on thew Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers forums.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Even if everything was corrected, wouldn't you only be eligible for $75 off after 12 months? Maybe that's all you're looking for, but I believe you wouldn't be eligible for the full upgrade discount until 22 months unless you're a Sprint Premiere customer.

You could try calling the Retention department to see if they can sort it out for you. There's lot of info on that department on thew Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers forums.

I am a premiere customer. I called them today and spoke with a nice gentleman who informed me it only takes 1 billing cycle and on June 12th I'm good to go! Best news all week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac