Problem updating to Android 2.3.5

bdl427

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I got an OTA update from HTC today. I tired updating my phone from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5. The update downloads over WiFi sucessfully the phone shuts down and starts the update. The progress bar gets to a little less than half then the screen changes to white triangle with a yellow exclamation point with a blue Android robot standing next to it.

The only way I can get my phone to do anything is to pull the battery.

Does anyone know what the white triangle with yellow exclamation and blue android bot mean?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If your phone is rooted, you cannot install the OTA update. You can install the stock rooted ROM that has the latest update. Look for the thread in the "HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks" subforum.

If you're not rooted, the OTA update is supposed to work... You can give the rooted stock ROM a try, but I don't know if that will work or not.

ropot

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I have a related problem. But not as serious. My EVO 4G has been rooted several weeks and was on 2.3.5.(I think)..working excellent. I dropped it, hard, and the SD card quit working, dead as he__. Phone is fine now, except somehow it is now on 2.3.3, and has a few minor glitches from necessary data on the defunct card. Of course, my backups were on the card. How can I get back to 2.3.5?

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If it's rooted, and assuming you can get some kind of SD card to work, just install the 2.3.5 ROM of your choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781