08-19-2010 10:12 PM
27 12
tools
    So we spent three hours at RS trying to get mine and my wife's new Evos purchased and activated. We are now home, but my phone will not connect to 3G. I am getting this error constantly:

Data Call Failure
    Error Code 67. Registration Failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

Any ideas? I was told to do a Settings:Profile Update an hour after I left RS (after removing the battery and putting it back in). Nothing is happening! Any thoughts?
    06-04-2010 02:22 PM
    yeah, I ran into this error as well while trying to do internet share. I seem to be connected to 3G since everything's working fine (currently watching Sprint TV).

I'd really like to tether but keep getting Error Code 67...PDAnet's working well, but if anyone else knows what the cause is or how to fix it, that'd be great!
    06-04-2010 02:33 PM
    I had the exact same error......I got online with chat and reprogrammed my phone. Left the battery out two minutes and then reinstalled it. Once it booted back up it was fine, but it took about 2 times of doing this to work..... *shrugs*
    06-04-2010 02:33 PM
    This error happens when you have the sprint hotspot enabled, but are not in 4G coverage.

At least that is when I see it. I do not have hotspot on my account, but it works, so long as I have 4G coverage. 3G=I get the error
    06-04-2010 02:39 PM
    I had this problem as well when I had hotspot is on. The problem stopped after I tried to make a call for the first time and got sent to Sprint Customer Care to finalize setup of my phone. Once that was done that error disappeared and hot spot worked sucessfully.
    06-04-2010 02:46 PM
    This has nothing to do with Hot Spot, though I am not doubting those of you who had the related issue. Something to do with my phone number not being set up properly and there being a lag in the system on the Sprint end. I spoke with CS and she walked me through a couple things and is going to call back in a half hour. Seems like something they are just waiting for to fix itself...

Whether it matters or not, the RS rep set up the Evo on the wrong number the first time around, so this Evo had to be activated twice. Its this second activation causing the problems.

WHOA! Just got a call from "Kelly" at Sprint CS and everything is working. Awesome job in my opinion, she was great (whether she did anything or not). Anyway, problem fixed!
    06-04-2010 03:10 PM
    I had the issue. It took RS two hours to rectify the issue. No calls could go out, no data -- nada.

What had to happen was a manual program of the phone with a Sprint rep on the line. Your best bet is to call them and see what their tech support team can do.

FYI, since they've done this, my second line has stopped working completely. Yet another call we have to place to Sprint's amazing tech support. *sigh*

Hope this info helps you, OP.

Edit: You fixed it! Yay. Hope this helps anyone else who is having this issue.
    06-04-2010 03:27 PM
    alright, i am starting to see this error 67 as well. it also coincides with not being able to get a 4g signal. the 4g status keeps cycling through: scanning and connecting to sprint. i get a 3g signal no problem. and i get a 4g signal where i am at no problem. i didn't start getting the error 67 until i turned on hotspot.

i am gonna try restarting my phone now. will report back.
    06-06-2010 11:27 PM
    UTnick, there seems to be a nationwide outage for 4G, I can't seem to connect to 4G as well. Please refer to this thread.
    06-06-2010 11:34 PM
    don't tell me what to do. nah, jk. thanks for pointing that out.

you know what's weird? i was running speedtest and i was getting 350 rougly down and 560 up. on 3g. head scratching weird.
    06-06-2010 11:39 PM
    ah, I also noticed uploads faster than downloads lol
    06-06-2010 11:58 PM
    This has nothing to do with Hot Spot, though I am not doubting those of you who had the related issue. Something to do with my phone number not being set up properly and there being a lag in the system on the Sprint end. I spoke with CS and she walked me through a couple things and is going to call back in a half hour. Seems like something they are just waiting for to fix itself...

Whether it matters or not, the RS rep set up the Evo on the wrong number the first time around, so this Evo had to be activated twice. Its this second activation causing the problems.

WHOA! Just got a call from "Kelly" at Sprint CS and everything is working. Awesome job in my opinion, she was great (whether she did anything or not). Anyway, problem fixed!
    That exact same situation happened to me as well. I was swapping the evo and a blackberry on two lines that i had. When I got the phone on friday everything was fine but after that the phone hasnt had data.

I have spoke with people through chat and on the phone for hours this past weekend to get the swapping and data correct. So I will call them during the day to hopefully get data back on my phone.
    06-09-2010 02:57 AM
    So we spent three hours at RS trying to get mine and my wife's new Evos purchased and activated. We are now home, but my phone will not connect to 3G. I am getting this error constantly:

Data Call Failure
    Error Code 67. Registration Failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

Any ideas? I was told to do a Settings:Profile Update an hour after I left RS (after removing the battery and putting it back in). Nothing is happening! Any thoughts?
    I had that my first day...spent a couple of hours on Sprint and they told me to take it back to Best Buy. Of course, there were no replacements. The next day, I did a couple of resets, update profiles, etc..and everything was fine! So, I'm thinking it was an issue on Sprint's end in my case. As of now, everything is working perfectly. Amazing connections, amazing battery, and what a great phone.
    06-09-2010 03:28 AM
    I got this yeaterday twice and just again today. I just pressed dismiss today and it seems okay. I am not calling Sprint just yet hoping that it is just their system acting up.
    06-09-2010 03:14 PM
    Got this today at work.

I don't have 4g or hot spot active. Both are toggled to "off".
    06-09-2010 03:44 PM
    Suffering from the same issue here. Swapped phones with another line on Friday and everything has been good until today..Go figure..... Sprint ask me to monitor it for 24 hours and they would call back.. I have no 4G service where I live and wifi is turned off.
    06-09-2010 04:13 PM
    Just did it aagain for me. At least dismissing it seems to make it go away.
    I will say one thing, I am NOT going to start again from scratch with the set up etc...
    I got everything set up and tweaked.....
    06-09-2010 04:52 PM
    I had this issue as well. I called Sprint tech support n they walked me thru some steps that reconfigured. Its thru the dialer which brings up network settings.
    06-09-2010 06:48 PM
    got this a few times - once after sending a picture via mms, the next time was right after a phone call. Both times 3g was on. I just hit dismiss and havent seen it again.... No 4g or Hotspot has ever been on.
    06-09-2010 07:23 PM
    I get the same issue whenever I start running a lot of programs or I'm low on battery.
    06-09-2010 07:38 PM
    It happened to me not when I activated the phone but after I brought it home and switched the EVO to another line.

The lady at Sprint walked me through a small process and it fixed it. It took about 2 minutes.
    06-09-2010 08:36 PM
    If you know your MSL # (If you dont you can call tech support, tell them you are trying to do a data restore and you need your MSL) this is what you do, go to the dial pad, type in ##3282#, select edit, then data profile, once you are in Data profile, press the Menu key and click on Restore. That error message usually indicate that the username and password for the NAI on your phone is incorrect, doing a data restore will erase that information on your phone and get the proper information from the server. Hopes this helps.
    06-11-2010 02:56 PM
    had this error for two days. Just updated profile in settings and restarted and away the error message went and i finally had 3G
    06-13-2010 02:55 AM
    I just had this error the past two days. Both times it occurred after I'd been to the gym and had the phone in my gym locker. It doesn't lose signal in the locker room (as I can make calls otherwise) so I'm not really sure why this is happening now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the PRL update that was pushed the other day? It also has nothing to do with 4G for me since I'm not in a 4G area and have 4G cut off on the phone completely.

Also, when I have this error I always get the fault where when you shut down the EVO it can't be turned back on without removing the battery and putting it back in. It's becoming very frustrating, particularly if this becomes regular behavior. Could this be a hardware issue?
    06-21-2010 06:16 PM
    I get this randomly at well. Haven't taken the time to call Sprint yet.
    When I first transfered the Evo to the right account we had to do a manual program, it was a pain.
    06-21-2010 06:33 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD