How do you do that? How do you install your own Notification sounds as well? It looks like the pre-installed stuff is installed on the 1gb internal memory so I can't access it.
    06-04-2010 02:02 PM
    I was able to add notification sounds through the usb in the media/audio folder but i cant figure out ringtones..
    06-04-2010 02:14 PM
    Create a folder named "ringtones" in the media folder. Then add ringtones as you please.
    06-04-2010 04:33 PM
    Ok i at least figured out how to add ringtones after hours.. Create a ringtone folder in the main list of folders. Apparently the only way to get it to recognize anything is to put it there rather then in the subfolders.. Hope this helps you. FYI i havent bothered deleting any ringtones or notifications
    06-04-2010 04:33 PM
    I created a 'Ringtones' folder in the 'Music' folder and put all of my homemade ringtones in there. To assign them, open the Music App, go to that song and hit the menu button and it will then give you the option to assign the ringtone as a Phone Ringtone or a Contact Ringtone.

I haven't figured out if it's possible to assign a homemade ringtone to the SMS Ringtone.
    06-04-2010 08:23 PM
    The way I was able to set-up custom ringtones for SMS and Phone, Calendar, etc... was to place a ringtone folder with all the ringtones I wanted in the main directory of the SD card through usb.
    06-04-2010 08:44 PM
    The way I was able to set-up custom ringtones for SMS and Phone, Calendar, etc... was to place a ringtone folder with all the ringtones I wanted in the main directory of the SD card through usb.
    So were you able to assign a custom ringtone for the message tone? Thanks.
    06-04-2010 09:38 PM
    So were you able to assign a custom ringtone for the message tone? Thanks.
    Yes, you can use what ever sound you want.
    06-04-2010 09:48 PM
    ok because I am dense..I am hoping someone can take me through this step by step..I am very new to android and the EVO..I have figure a lot out..but not changing my notification sound. I want a ringtone that I have to play whenever someone texts me. How do I go about doing that?
    06-05-2010 08:21 PM
    ok because I am dense..I am hoping someone can take me through this step by step..I am very new to android and the EVO..I have figure a lot out..but not changing my notification sound. I want a ringtone that I have to play whenever someone texts me. How do I go about doing that?
    Check out this post, should do the trick...http://forum.androidcentral.com/wall...tml#post145445
    06-05-2010 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD