I downloaded fring and want to video chat, the problem is I don't know anybody else with an EVO. Any body want to help out will trade numbers by Private Message.

I am not able to find the download for Qik that allows video chat on the Evo, does anybody have the link to it?
    06-04-2010 03:14 PM
    nooo i'm too scared! :P jk
    06-04-2010 03:14 PM
    I tried Qik and couldn't get it to work.
    06-04-2010 03:15 PM
    For what it's worth Fring works with Skype so if you know anyone with a Skype account you can video chat with them. It'll work if they're on a PC using the Skype client.
    06-04-2010 03:19 PM
    Fring will work fring to fring or skype to skype via fring.

Qik says it works with today's update, but the update isn't showing up in the market for the Evo.
    06-04-2010 03:36 PM
    I just Fring to Skype with my sis, it was beautiful... only thing I could not hear her...
    06-04-2010 07:24 PM
    I just Fring to Skype with my sis, it was beautiful... only thing I could not hear her...
    You couldn't hear her and you say it was beautiful? You don't like listening to your sister, huh?
    06-04-2010 07:30 PM
    I bought 2 Evos today, & installed the newer version of Qik, from the Market.
    Took about about 2 hrs, but I finally got it to work. For some reason, 1 of the phones could not/would not receive the "verification SMS". Finally went through (without getting that SMS, dunno how) & got it to work. It's not the greatest, but it is pretty good. Not much lag, only about 2 secs or so. A couple of times there was audio feedback(?), much like on a PC video IM, when the mic needs to be adjusted. Keep in mind that this is the free Qik, the $5./month version lets you use the cam at a higher res, so it may be really good there. Also, restart your phone after installing the new Qik, or the widget won't open the program.
    06-04-2010 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD