Anyone Else Unable to Activate Their Evo?

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my Evo swiftly at 8am. Got it home, charged it, and fell asleep. I woke up to find that I couldn't make any calls. I couldn't even reach customer service by pressing #2. I drove back to my Sprint Store and they were dumbfounded. After 30 mins of toggling, they semi-explained that it was some nationwide outage or something. I find that hard to believe. They told me to keep forcing it to activate periodically throughout the day.

Am I alone here or has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is so weird... My Pre is deactivated, (ie. I can't make or receive calls) however I can access the internet from it. How is that possible?

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah i updated it. my pre is still active, as is the data on it, the evo doesn't work voice or data. i'm using wifi on it in the meantime.

ceetwokay

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem...I just swapped phones and its letting me edit the MDN and the MSID but its not saving so I have to repeat the process over...I'm even on the sprint online chat and they don't know whats up lol

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah Sprint chat never knows whats up... this is the place to be... the forums on here and at PreCentral.com (for my last phone) are always finding solutions b4 any Sprint/Palm/HTC reps.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Activated mine right in the store. Tried it twice with the automated system and it wasn't
going through. I think that's when things really began to be slow. Eventually the menu
just took me to a human and I activated the phone in about five minutes.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
was just notified that a system update is available to download... lets hope this fixes everything.

EDIT: Nope, still won't activate... have no clue what that update was all about :(

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
ok well after another power off/on I went back to UPDATE PROFILE and something new started happening... it wanted me to install something different than the SD card fix. After another restart, I'm getting live current weather on my homepage which I wasn't before, and I am now able to dial #2. Still can't dial other cell numbers though. Ugh.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'M ACTIVATED!!

Just like that... I just kept hitting Update Profile and finally it went through... I'm fully up and running... hopefully you guys will be too soon... just keep hitting that button!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12