Speaker volume... am I going deaf?

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but is the speaker on the EVO a tad lower than the Palm Pre's? Sure, it sounds much clearer and accurate, but I am having a hard time hearing calls, notification, etc. Perhaps I need some higher-pitched sounds?!

MrMercedes

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I think it's pretty loud! But then again I'm coming from a Iphone 3G. That speaker sucked royally! I do miss the speakerphone in my blackberry....that sucker was loud as heck!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but is the speaker on the EVO a tad lower than the Palm Pre's? Sure, it sounds much clearer and accurate, but I am having a hard time hearing calls, notification, etc. Perhaps I need some higher-pitched sounds?!

I've actually heard a few people complain the volume was too low. So you are not alone.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... I was hoping it would be unique to mine to warrant a replacement. I guess I'll have to keep more focused on what the phone is doing. So, it's a no for sound boost apps?

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I find it a little low yes. I could barely hear the phone when it rang on my way home from RS and I didn't even have the car radio on.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Speaker for the ringer, media, and speakerphone = fine
Earpiece = not so good.

Keep in mind that there's a feature on the EVO, where if you pick it up while it's ringing, the ringer will automatically fade. You can disable this in the sounds and display settings menu.

I also recommend an app like AudioManager - that gives you quick access to controlling each of the different volume options.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The volume on the earpiece is WAY better than my Pre. I usually used the bluetooth with my Pre because it wasn't as loud as I would have liked. But then I'm old, so maybe it's my ears ...

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
at first mine was unusually low... like so low i thought something was wrong. I restarted the phone and the volume got 100X louder... like extremely loud. no problem hearing anything now... (I listened to a podcast last night in bed with the volume at 75% and my loud a$$ AC going in the backround)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The volume on the rear speaker is a little low for my liking too, especially for notifications.
You can set ringer and notification volume settings individually. From the Home screen, go Menu>Settings>Sound & Display>Ringer Volume. You can also set the default media (videos, music) volume on the Sound & Display menu.

cespinal

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Speaker volume is def..

way too low, i'm coming from a blackberry and that is my only gripe. If the speaker is facing down you can hardly here your notifications.