Evo Battery Life Great?

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my EVO NON-STOP since like 3pm (almost 7 as im typing this) and im still over 50% battery. This is while I have been connected to wifi and been browsing websites, listening to music, watching videos, taking pictures/videos, and talking on the phone. I'm actually VERY impressed with the battery life so far. I was waiting for the 3.5k Seidio battery to come out so I could snag it ASAP with all the negative battery reviews I have seen but now it seems completely unnecessary. I don't know if it's the same with 4g as I currently am not in a coverage zone atm. Anyone else think the battery life is amazing?

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
you have to condition the battery first. first use will always be longer stamina than after letting the battery drain and full charge a couple of times.

Slayix312

May 19, 2010
Visit site
you have to condition the battery first. first use will always be longer stamina than after letting the battery drain and full charge a couple of times.

huh...I always though it would be the exact opposite. Like when I got my Seidio 2.5k battery for my Pre that thing seemed to last even less time then the OEM battery on the Pre. After like 5 charges though it seemed to last more then 3x as long.

s1moore

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Pretty impressed with the initial battery life too. Took it off the charger at 8 this morning. Moderate use all day, lots of texting, a few phone calls, downloading everything I can find and general fidgeting. Just plugged it in at 6pm and it wasn't empty yet. My pre would have been dead hours ago.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i'm also impressed took mine off charger at 10am and I got 7 and half hours of use before it got down to 19% and then plugged it back up again and looking at usage it had been awake of me using it for 4 and half hours, so thats awesome! Now in recharging it has anyone noticed that once it goes to 100% it doesn't stay there and it begins discharging even if its still plugged in, im wondering if this is because so you don't overcharge, any idea's???

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I let it die out this morning untill it wouldn't boot up at all then charged it till it was full and a little more. Ive been using it non stop as well for 5 or so hours since i took it off and it it also around 40-50% left.

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty impressed with the initial battery life too. Took it off the charger at 8 this morning. Moderate use all day, lots of texting, a few phone calls, downloading everything I can find and general fidgeting. Just plugged it in at 6pm and it wasn't empty yet. My pre would have been dead hours ago.

same here man... my pre used to piss me off with that!!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My first cycle was tragically terrible - half the life of the first cycles of my Pre and that was awful, too. Since I'd left the charger in the car, I connected to the USB port of my work PC and it took about five hours to charge. Pulled it off at 3 pm and by 8, it was down to 15% and giving warnings. The inability to kill programs without a regular bi-hourly genocide with ATM is going to be a problem. I'm so used to finishing with a program and tossing it away. Sure, it was because the Pre would TMC with that 2nd card open, but who wants to waste resources like this?

syntax#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
As far as conditioning the battery, this article would disagree How to prolong lithium-based batteries

"The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges."

It is actually disadvantageous to let the battery be fully discharged. This in the case of Lithium-Ion batteries.

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this sounds odd to anyone, but I put the phone in Airplane Mode at 7:30, when the juice was at 82%, and let it idle in my pocket. I turned the cell connection back on at around midnight (4 1/2 hours), and the battery level dropped precipitously to 52%. Might this have something to do with the "mobile always-on" thing, which I just deselected?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that I tried to turn on 4G to see if it was available in Pittsburgh unannounced. Switch never turned on, but I saw in the Settings that it said "Turning on..." while in gray. Apparently it kept trying to turn on, even when in Airplane Mode. So I rebooted the phone and saw that the 4G switch did turn on after the reboot. I just switched it off now (apparently there is no 4G in Pittsburgh yet). Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Last edited:

dallasfever

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes running 4g will decrease the battery rapidly. Also the 3g radio drains a lot of juice when accessing data. I run wifi when at home and can go 24hrs without recharging.

P.S I hope they recall phone for battery cover and glass leak....

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
As far as conditioning the battery, this article would disagree How to prolong lithium-based batteries

"The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges."

It is actually disadvantageous to let the battery be fully discharged. This in the case of Lithium-Ion batteries.

I learned this the hard way with my laptop battery. I thought it was good to condition it, so every day I would let it run all the way down before charging it back up. After a few months of doing this, my battery charge would only last 30 minutes or so. You guys are complaining about 4 hours on your Evo, try 30 minutes on a laptop! I went through 2 batteries before I learned.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
P.S I hope they recall phone for battery cover and glass leak....
ok why would they recall the phone for the battery door? did you want it to come off on command? I mean I dont see the issue here, I remove mine every night to switch out batteries and I have no issues what so ever, so its not as simplistic as other designs but lol I dont see HTC recalling over this non issue

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech