how's your call/sound quality

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I've see reports of crackling in the ear piece.

How's the person at the other end of the call hear you? (I ask b.c people bearly hear me on my bb tour)

zonyl

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its better and worse then the Pre ;)

- The volume of the caller is deeper and "aural" (the range of frequencies appears to be better)
- The callers voice is more distorted. Crackly as some people call it.

In the end it is different and probably will grow on me. Hope that helps

Last edited:

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In ear it seems crystal almost too good.
Speaker is a little low for a big phone like this. Very disappointed in that and hope they fix that issue. If someone calls you and you're on speaker and you put them on speaker as well you really have to strain to understand.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried a speaker call yet, but putting a phone ringing thru the speaker was awful quiet. Since the media sound is plenty loud, I'm wondering if there is a discrete volume setting we're overlooking.

Also, in the couple of calls I've made, the earpiece does sound a little crackley.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
earpiece is great, better than pre.

My complaint is the rigidity of the ear area. Long phone calls could borer on being painful as the sharp edges kinda dig into your ear.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Call quality seems great so far, of course I come from an ATT Tilt that has crappy call quality (was even worse with original firmware!). Speakerphone is ok but doesn't get as loud as other audio and may pick up less. My wife actually said that the other end sounded better through google voice once. Though others said the normal phone aounded great with no comparrison.

8tech

May 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems great to me too. I hear very less static than on my Vzw Moto Droid. The other person is able to hear me just fine.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I think its way better than my Pre especially since if you try holding the pre up without hands you are more than likely going to cause a really bad muffled sound for on the other end. Not to mention it alwasy felt like it would fall off my shoulder.

Sound quality on standard calls seems great to me though in comparison. Speakerr is very clear but like anything else it could be louder since we are all going deaf!

billdyszel

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Incoming sound quality is good.

Outgoing sound is not good. I recorded incoming samples from 1) Wireline phone 2) Palm Centro 3) EVO - sound quality descended in that order as well. EVO sounds very muffled. I called the store from which I bought the EVO and they complained that they couldn't hear me.

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Callers sound great to me. I've had a Sprint PPC6700, HTC Mogul, iPhone, Pre, and a Hero before the Evo, and this sounds the best to me so far. My only complaint would be that it's going to take some practice to get the speaker lined up with my ear hole.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
No issues with mine thus far, but then again I haven't really made/received calls this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

jaytank

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally feel speaker is not loud enough and when I have my volume at the fullest I hear some crackling sound after a sentence. Outgoing quality seems just fine it's just incoming voice isn't loud enough - per my experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan