What is Evo's equivalent to Pre's "Silent Mode switch"?

cyberbec#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The Pre had the silent mode switch at the top of the phone...

Does anyone know what setting to set to silence everything (except alarms)?

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
As a current Pre user and future EVO owner, I'd also like to know. That silence switch is one of the greatest things ever designed for a phone. I'm hoping there is something even remotely as easy to use on the EVO.

zonyl

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing this morning as the phone interrupted a meeting. Closest thing I have found is either;

- Holding Volume down till the vibrate kics in

- Holding power button and selecting silence

Thinking in a different paradigm though (pre didnt have this out of the box), Ill probably end up with this: http://www.twofortyfouram.com/product.html

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I use Beautiful Widgets from the market, adds a ton of great widgets; including a Silent Mode 1x1 widget.

I personally prefer the Beautiful Widget Time/Weather widget over HTC's.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering the same thing this morning as the phone interrupted a meeting. Closest thing I have found is either;

- Holding Volume down till the vibrate kics in

- Holding power button and selecting silence

Thinking in a different paradigm though (pre didnt have this out of the box), Ill probably end up with this: Locale - Product

I use locale and its absolutely awesome

Fastfrankie

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Try just holding the power button on top of the phone for 2 sec. and a menu come's up and just hit silent mode. works great and it's pretty fast.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the silent toggle widget by droidmania from the market. One tap set it to vibrate, 1 more to silent, and a final tap back to ringer on.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hold down the power button (on top) for several seconds. This will bring up a menu. Change it to the mode you want, whether it is silence or if it is vibrate only.

Risket

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a quick way to silence it right from the lock screen. Like in stock Android where you slide the left bar to the right to unlock it and slide the right bar to the left to toggle silent mode on/off.

HTC should add this to Sense. For example, slide up to toggle silent mode, slide down to unlock. Or even have a pull-down tab at the top of the lock screen with toggles for silent mode, wifi, gps, 4g, mobile networks, etc.

mikevillain

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I use a widget called "Simple Sound Profile Widget". It lets you set up a few different profiles, and you just put it on one of your pages. As soon as i get to work, i just hit it and select work and i'm all silent except for media and alarms. Works really well for me.

bjharada

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was a quick way to silence it right from the lock screen. Like in stock Android where you slide the left bar to the right to unlock it and slide the right bar to the left to toggle silent mode on/off.

HTC should add this to Sense. For example, slide up to toggle silent mode, slide down to unlock. Or even have a pull-down tab at the top of the lock screen with toggles for silent mode, wifi, gps, 4g, mobile networks, etc.
Try Lock Menu from the app market. It has up to 8 sliders that go left/right and has a toggle for silencing phone from the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781