06-09-2011 07:27 PM
34 12
tools
    The Pre had the silent mode switch at the top of the phone...

Does anyone know what setting to set to silence everything (except alarms)?
    06-04-2010 07:54 PM
    As a current Pre user and future EVO owner, I'd also like to know. That silence switch is one of the greatest things ever designed for a phone. I'm hoping there is something even remotely as easy to use on the EVO.
    06-04-2010 07:59 PM
    Was wondering the same thing this morning as the phone interrupted a meeting. Closest thing I have found is either;

- Holding Volume down till the vibrate kics in

- Holding power button and selecting silence

Thinking in a different paradigm though (pre didnt have this out of the box), Ill probably end up with this: http://www.twofortyfouram.com/product.html
    06-04-2010 08:01 PM
    06-04-2010 08:07 PM
    I use Beautiful Widgets from the market, adds a ton of great widgets; including a Silent Mode 1x1 widget.

I personally prefer the Beautiful Widget Time/Weather widget over HTC's.
    06-04-2010 08:11 PM
    Was wondering the same thing this morning as the phone interrupted a meeting. Closest thing I have found is either;

- Holding Volume down till the vibrate kics in

- Holding power button and selecting silence

Thinking in a different paradigm though (pre didnt have this out of the box), Ill probably end up with this: Locale - Product
    I use locale and its absolutely awesome
    06-04-2010 08:12 PM
    Try:

Setting Profiles
    or
    My Settings

Both allow you to quickly change settings via a widget.
    06-04-2010 08:18 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    06-04-2010 08:27 PM
    Try just holding the power button on top of the phone for 2 sec. and a menu come's up and just hit silent mode. works great and it's pretty fast.
    Bigchris and TrueDrooid like this.
    06-04-2010 08:53 PM
    All great suggestions .....Thanks!
    06-04-2010 09:24 PM
    Also if you enable the option to turn the phone over to silence the ringer that is even quicker.

Sent from my Evo
    06-04-2010 09:30 PM
    how about hitting the power button and swiping the sound thingy,swipe left to unlock,swipe right to silence phone.
    06-04-2010 10:02 PM
    I downloaded the silent toggle widget by droidmania from the market. One tap set it to vibrate, 1 more to silent, and a final tap back to ringer on.
    06-04-2010 10:07 PM
    Hold down the power button (on top) for several seconds. This will bring up a menu. Change it to the mode you want, whether it is silence or if it is vibrate only.
    06-04-2010 10:18 PM
    +1 Thanks! great sugggestion!
    06-04-2010 10:54 PM
    I wish there was a quick way to silence it right from the lock screen. Like in stock Android where you slide the left bar to the right to unlock it and slide the right bar to the left to toggle silent mode on/off.

HTC should add this to Sense. For example, slide up to toggle silent mode, slide down to unlock. Or even have a pull-down tab at the top of the lock screen with toggles for silent mode, wifi, gps, 4g, mobile networks, etc.
    04-13-2011 11:44 PM
    I use a widget called "Simple Sound Profile Widget". It lets you set up a few different profiles, and you just put it on one of your pages. As soon as i get to work, i just hit it and select work and i'm all silent except for media and alarms. Works really well for me.
    04-14-2011 11:55 AM
    I wish there was a quick way to silence it right from the lock screen. Like in stock Android where you slide the left bar to the right to unlock it and slide the right bar to the left to toggle silent mode on/off.

HTC should add this to Sense. For example, slide up to toggle silent mode, slide down to unlock. Or even have a pull-down tab at the top of the lock screen with toggles for silent mode, wifi, gps, 4g, mobile networks, etc.
    Try Lock Menu from the app market. It has up to 8 sliders that go left/right and has a toggle for silencing phone from the lock screen.
    04-14-2011 11:59 AM
    Try Lock Menu from the app market. It has up to 8 sliders that go left/right and has a toggle for silencing phone from the lock screen.
    Thanks! That app is pretty awesome! I will try it out for a while and see how I like it.
    06-06-2011 03:43 PM
    Noone suggested the stock widget? Add widgets, Settings, Profile. It gives you the choice among Silent, Normal, Vibrate.
    06-06-2011 08:49 PM
    the Pre's best silent switch was to throw it against the wall and smash it into a million tiny little pieces.
    06-06-2011 08:53 PM
    the Pre's best silent switch was to throw it against the wall and smash it into a million tiny little pieces.
    I'm told the Evo also comes with that feature.
    06-06-2011 09:04 PM
    I tried it out for a while and had some issues with it. I really wanted to love it but it would lock my screen randomly while I was using the phone. Even while I was texting it would suddenly lock and I would have to hit the power button and unlock it again. It would also cause my home app (LauncherPro+) to unload constantly so whenever I wanted to go back to my home screen I would have to wait for LP+ to load all over again. Even when i checked "keep in memory" for LP+. I hope they're just bugs that get worked out. I really liked the idea.
    06-07-2011 11:00 PM
    I use the Audio Buddy app. It is a great app. You can create sound profiles and even set them on a schedule. The app turns my phone to my vibrate profile at 8 am when I go into work, which saves me from forgetting. After I get off , it automatically changes to my normal profile, and then at night it goes to my night profile, which keeps the ringer on, but turns all other notifications to silent. Having been a previous Blackberry user, this app has allowed me to mimic some of the profile features I had become accustomed to.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
    06-08-2011 12:17 PM
    Hold down the power button (on top) for several seconds. This will bring up a menu. Change it to the mode you want, whether it is silence or if it is vibrate only.
    yeah, but if you updated to GB, the option is no longer there. sucks
    06-08-2011 03:05 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD