Battery Percentage instead of battery icon?

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Golph, you need to get Battery Indicator Pro from the market, its 1$ but it works awesome and puts the % in the status bar and is really accurate and u can apply colors for different threshold levels. They do have a free version if you didn't want to pay!

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
+1 to Battery Indicator Pro - easy to use and much better than stock. Doesn't replace the stock icon tho, just adds another to the top bar :(

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Golph, you need to get Battery Indicator Pro from the market, its 1$ but it works awesome and puts the % in the status bar and is really accurate and u can apply colors for different threshold levels. They do have a free version if you didn't want to pay!

Thanks for the advice.....

I like that the market is so much larger than the Palm app store but loved the customization of the Pre. You could patch the Pre and take the stock battery icon off and put a percentage with whatever color you want for free.

I'm not regretting purchasing the EVO but loved that I sold my Sprint Pre on Ebay for $215 and picked up my EVO early yesterday.
Loving the hardware, just missing some of the little things that webOS does better!!!!

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I wrote this in another thread but here you go, you need to get Battery Indicator Pro from the market, its 1$ but it works awesome and puts the % in the status bar and is really accurate and u can apply colors for different threshold levels. They do have a free version if you didn't want to pay!

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
quick question, is it better to let your battery go completely dead and then charge to full capacity, or charge it when its at half

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I got one of the free ones in the market, nothing fancy but it gives actual percentage on the battery and it seems accurate.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
quick question, is it better to let your battery go completely dead and then charge to full capacity, or charge it when its at half

The type of battery in the Evo is better off not being allowed to run down. Its recommended that you charge it prior to it getting very low.

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The type of battery in the Evo is better off not being allowed to run down. Its recommended that you charge it prior to it getting very low.

o ok great! thanks for the info. I purposely let it go completelty dead this morning. Its charging now. takes 4ever to get the battery full lol

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Exact battery percentage on the EVO

Can you find the exact battery percentage anywhere on this phone? I loved that me Pre had it in the dropdown menu.

VinceV

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The only place I've seen it is in the Clock app in the bottom right corner when the phone is charging. Once you unplug it, the percentage goes away. :( You can also get a little more resolution if you go into Settings->About phone->Battery. There is a bar that shows 10% chunks.

I'm pretty sure there are some apps in the marketplace that will show you exact percentages in the notification area, but I haven't looked into that yet. I'm not sure its that important to me at this point.