Evo vs Pre Battery Life

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Now that there is a HUGE group of battery testers walking around, I'd like to find out how your battery life on your Evo compares to your battery life on your Pre. Since everyone uses their phones differently, I'm just looking for a better/same/worse type of response figuring your are using your Evo similarly to your Pre (number of email account pushing to your Evo/Pre, streaming music, etc.).

smd4usc

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Pre is crushing it. Although, it seems similar to pre day one vs pre day 365( if that makes sense)

Last edited:

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Way better as of now. But tomorrow I'll be able to get a better idea of it after I charge it up over night and then see how long I could go through out the day before charging.

roheran1

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
After changing sync settings for two email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, calendar, weather, and news to every 2 hrs or so depending on the app, and signing out of Google talk (which killed battery on the pre too), battery life is much nicer. I've still got Bluetooth, gps, and wi-fi on. 4g is off and its probably going to stay that way unless someone with an iPhone starts talkin' trash.

allsighs

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My EVO came with about 40% battery life out of the box. 3 1/2 straight hours of playing with it with the screen on and it just now hit red. My Pre would have coughed up blood in that same usage on a full charge.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My EVO came with about 40% battery life out of the box. 3 1/2 straight hours of playing with it with the screen on and it just now hit red. My Pre would have coughed up blood in that same usage on a full charge.

agreed! This thing seems to handle the work load a hell of a lot better than the Pre, I Have multiple things running and it is not draining the battery. I am impressed so far

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Evo is doing about the same as my day 1 pre, but keep in mind that our beautiful 4.3 inch screen isnt powered by smiles and rainbows ;)

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My Evo is kicking butt for over 7 hours of heavy use so far. Battery just went into yellow. Started with 75% charge and still have about 18% left.

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
NICE!!! Thanks everyone. I'm not the kind that needs to have a battery last for 4 days, but its nice to know that I will see an improvement from what I have now.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Day 1 or in the EVOs case all of week one will be a bad reflection of the actual battery use ... Everyone will be on their phones trying new things and NEVER putting it down ... Making sure its cozy on the pillow and tucked in tight at night ... lol ... I know I have pretty kept my phone plugged in most of the day while I was getting to know her ... In the car ... In the cafe ... At work ... In the diner ... At home ... So its hard for me to tell ... This morning I will try to keep it unplugged to see how well it does but just to be safe ... I will buy a battery for an emergency type situation.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My EVO is destroying the Pre's battery life (Day1 vs Day1). Can't compare to my Pre with the Seidio 2600mah battery though ;)

mellisnj

May 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
Agree with majority doing better then the Pre did. I will be running it down today without the charger to see how many hours I get before it lays down. But I still ordered that two battery and charger deal from EBay for $10.99

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
With 4G on and with heavy use (while stationary), I get about 2-1/2 hrs before the low batt indicator appears. I've done this 3 times since yesterday. Certainly not a 'test', but just an indicator of how fast the battery can go with heavy 4G use.

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
EVO is doing circles around my Pre. My daily Pre routine was unplug before work - on/off touchstone during work hours and then plug in as soon as I got home at the end of the day. If I forgot to do any o those things.. i didn't make it the whole day.

EVO lasted me all day yesterday - killing the snot out of the phone showing off..

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
With 4G on and with heavy use (while stationary), I get about 2-1/2 hrs before the low batt indicator appears. I've done this 3 times since yesterday. Certainly not a 'test', but just an indicator of how fast the battery can go with heavy 4G use.

If 4g in general sucks juice like that Sprint is going to have a problem. I have been very impresses with 3g battery life thus far.